• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

On 7/30/2021 at 4:02 PM, gadzukes said:

Wow..... is this an issue that rarely comes up?  I just went to GPA and there is NO data for it.  There are a couple of low grade copies on ebay.  I'll have to wait it out and find a nice one.

Pals & Gals #8 has always been tough to find in nice condition.  I had trouble finding a decent copy15 years ago.  I finally was able to get these two.  One was a distributor return copy, hence the light ink spots on the cover.

apg8.jpg

IMG_4048.jpg

On 5/20/2022 at 4:34 PM, writerwill said:

I just fulfilled my lifelong goal by finding a 1.0 Archie #1! Doesn't look too bad for an 80-year-old comic, huh? It looks much better than a 1.0... besides the pages!

image0.jpeg

Amazing score! And hey, welcome to the boards!

On 5/20/2022 at 4:34 PM, writerwill said:

I just fulfilled my lifelong goal by finding a 1.0 Archie #1! Doesn't look too bad for an 80-year-old comic, huh? It looks much better than a 1.0... besides the pages!

image0.jpeg

If you look back at page 1 of this thread (from 9 years ago) you will see your exact Archie 1.  I don't know if it changed hands a few times or if you bought it from the boardie who posted it there, but now you know where it was 9 years ago.

On 6/12/2022 at 3:00 PM, writerwill said:

Do you think it's worth trying to g et my 1.0 Archie #1 cleaned up a bit/or pages worked on, and resubmitted to CGC? They graded it a decade ago and I do think it could be a 2.0! I looked into Hero Restoration, but I'm just not sure... 

If anyone can "unbrittle" the pages then I think your book could go up in grade.  That brittle designation will probably keep it at 1.0