• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Jusko Thanos painting

20 posts in this topic

Great piece.

I've always wondered why his work doesn't sell for more than it does. When you see modern blah blah pen and ink covers list and sell for roughly the same price as some of the older Jusko published pieces you have to ask yourself why the bias for black and white art is that strong.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what you consider to be the "right" value for his pieces, but in my opinion they aren't exactly inexpensive. Of course it depends upon the character(s) in the painting, but they can go from $3k-$8k usually, I think.

Also depends on the size. His Marvel Masterpiece paintings would most likely sell for more but they are only around 6x8 inches. My favorite piece is probably one of my Jusko's. I forget the size I think it's like 10x14 but only cost about $1,400.

This looks great! I've been a fan of for over 25 years now and his (new) work is every bit as exciting in 2013 as it was then. Congrats! Thano's scares the heck out of me here, he looks alive! This would make a great teaser for the avengers 2 movie

Joe Jusko probably needs to get more high profile work today to remain top of mind with collectors, if people art questioning his relevance or value. I think his body of work with the covers and trading card art he's done is spectacular, and that he should be hired by Marvel (and/or DC) to illustrate covers and cards more prolifically. I think his original art is "undervalued" to the degree that you get way more bang for your buck with his art than some of his peers, but that's more my opinion since the beauty of art is in the eye of the beholder.

I also enjoy (and miss) the cover art of artists whose work no longer seems to grace comic covers anymore like Joe Chiodo, Alex Horley, Dorian Cleavenger, and Greg Horn.

Isnt the infinity Gauntlet on wrong hand?

Yes.

Being that the gauntlet allows him to alter reality, I'm assuming that he can change which hand it goes on, in the instance that one gets sweaty.

Isnt the infinity Gauntlet on wrong hand?

Yes.

Being that the gauntlet allows him to alter reality, I'm assuming that he can change which hand it goes on, in the instance that one gets sweaty.

Congrats! A No-Prize for you!

Malvin