• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A little help for a noob collector? :)

39 posts in this topic

I'm new here so sorry if this should be somewhere else. I have been following what you guys have been posting about for a month or two and have bought a lot of comics based on it was just wondering if somebody could take the time to check my list and let me know what they think is worth holding on to as it might go higher, or what is looking like a flop etc.. Thanks in advance... I don't have a ton of money so i want to make sure i'm spending it smartly. also as a bonus if you wouldnt mind telling me which i should cgc if i could only pick say 4 books..also if anybody is interested in buying anything, i'm open..Thanks again..

peter panzerfaust # 9 (2nd print) and # 10

jupiters legacy # 1 ( 2 covers, c,d)

swamp thing # 1 new 52

ten grand # 1

deadpool # 1 marvel now

the sixth gun sons of the gun # 3

amazing spider-man # 299

spawn # 9

east of west #1 and 2

The walking dead # 100 ( chromium, and mcfarlane cover)

the walking dead # 108

Amazing spider-man # 700

justice league of america # 1 new 52

superior spider-man # 1 ( original, skottie young variant, and london comic con variant)

uncanny avengers # 1 skottie young variant

wolverine # 1 ( original and skottie young variant)

avengers # 1 skottie young variant

batman # 1 new 52

batman # 20

walking dead # 110

walking dead michonne special

walking dead governor special

walking dead free comic book day special

walking dead # 106 cover b

walking dead 103 cover b

superior spider-man # 9

superior spider-man # 2

batman # 17 death of the family ( original and c2e2 variant)

Revival # 1 ( image firsts, and cgc 9.8 first print)

mind mgmt # 1 1 for $1 edition

nowhere men # 1 ( 4th printing)

flash # 1 new 52

spider-man # 1

captain america # 15 fan expo canada variant

justice league # 11 fan expo canada variant

revival # 8

chin music # 1

five ghosts # 1 and # 2

saga # 10

theif of theives # 1 image firsts

thief of theives # 13

A+X skottie young variant

batman detective comics # 20 blank variant

batman #0 blank variant

saga # 1 image firsts

Peter panzerfaust # 1 image firsts

The incredible hulk # 1 blank variant

Uncanny avengers # 1 blank variant

Walking dead # 109 blank variant

Wolverine # 1 blank variant

spawn # 231 (spider-man # 1 homage cover)

X-men legacy # 1

injustice # 1 ( from the collectors edition game, is it a reprint?)

wolverine max # 1

The sixth gun # 30

manhattan projects # 10

miniature jesus # 1

thanos rising # 1 and # 2

polarity # 1 (2nd printing)

polarity # 2

Guardians of the galaxy # 1

iron man # 9

Teenage mutant ninja turtles free halloween 2012 special issue

free comic book day the new 52 # 1

invincible # 100

morbius # 1 newsstand variant

uncanny avengers # 1

chew # 1 (image firsts)

todd the ugliest kidd on earth # 2, # 3

walking dead # 1 image firsts cgc 9.8 signed by kirkman and moore

marvel zombies1 set of 5 all signed by suydam.

Flip all of it,and get yourself a nice Silver age comic. :applause:
^^

It's a tough one to answer which books you should get graded. Are you looking to make a profit now? In ten years? Do you want to keep the books because you like the story/art?

I would suggest hanging around the modern forums and gathering info on these titles, doing your own research on completed Ebay sales and getting a subscription to GPA.

The guys who have done the hard work aren't about to give you the info you need in this thread. None of us have crystal balls and sometimes you have to learn by your mistakes.

Good luck with it and Welcome to the boards (thumbs u

It's a tough one to answer which books you should get graded. Are you looking to make a profit now? In ten years? Do you want to keep the books because you like the story/art?

I would suggest hanging around the modern forums and gathering info on these titles, doing your own research on completed Ebay sales and getting a subscription to GPA.

The guys who have done the hard work aren't about to give you the info you need in this thread. None of us have crystal balls and sometimes you have to learn by your mistakes.

Good luck with it and Welcome to the boards (thumbs u

+1

I would agree with this, but there are a couple I would keep and only would I send them to CGC depending on the condition. Batman #1 new 52 and #17 C2E2 variant(very cool cover) I would keep, the rest sell. If not silver than a nice Bronze age comic!

The Image first ones are just reprints, I wouldn't send at all. PP #1 Image first just read and enjoy.

Best advice from me is buy what you like.

Welcome to the boards!

^^

These guys have got the answer, silver all the way (thumbs u

:facepalm:

Okay then get them all signed and slabbed (:

^^

These guys have got the answer, silver all the way (thumbs u

:facepalm:

Okay then get them all signed and slabbed (:

And especially "To ebay"

Then you can be a SadFan too!

lol

I don't have a ton of money so i want to make sure i'm spending it smartly.

best disguised want to sell thread ever! but seriously, the smartest thing to do would be to stop buying books based on what people here say and to buy books you like reading. you won't ever lose money that way.

I don't have a ton of money so i want to make sure i'm spending it smartly.

best disguised want to sell thread ever! but seriously, the smartest thing to do would be to stop buying books based on what people here say and to buy books you like reading. you won't ever lose money that way.

Good advice, unlike other media, good comics usually get attention eventually (I know that this is not always true, sometimes gets the hype and quality gets cancled) so if you refine your comic palette, you will learn what to buy and what to avoid. It’s better to live and die by your own decisions than to try and follow the pack. If you follow the pack, you become the market that the flippers are selling to and if there aren’t any collectors interested in the book for you to sell to, you get screwed.

All valid points. I mostly buy books to sell down the line but ive been very wrong on what I think will sell until I came on here. I didnt even know about all these books before. Mostly just stuck to spiderman and walking dead.

All valid points. I mostly buy books to sell down the line but ive been very wrong on what I think will sell until I came on here. I didnt even know about all these books before. Mostly just stuck to spiderman and walking dead.
Be careful what you read on here too. This may come as a surprise but some people on here don't have your best interests in mind. :o There are some that bought too many of a book and are now having trouble unloading them. They know that lurkers abound and they hock the book as being the 2nd comming of Kirkman. :devil: They may even start a sales thread, sometimes these books are overgraded, rejects from their 9.8 prescreen. Occasionally, these unsavory individuals post on other forums that they recieved damaged shipments from certian suppliers with photos, only to later post those books in their sales threads right here on these very boards, over priced with no grades and a fuzzy photo of the book. :flamed: Trust no one that has not earned your trust. :gossip: Wait until a book has finished it's first story arc before going all in (it's rarely too late at this point and you will avoid some real turds).

Lots of good advice. The only thing I can add is like a fine wine some books need to age before they can reach their full potential. And read your comics. If you enjoy it there is a good chance others will too.

Thats excellent advice. Thanks and I think I will be a little more selective from now on. Ive been picking up random books mostly because a lot of people have been praising it . I didnt realize there was so much research that goes in to it. I figured just pick whatever everybody is talking about the most and go with that. Im gonna start doing sme homework.