• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern #7 CGC 9.6 How High Will It Go?

44 posts in this topic

well tth2, it's all a matter of opinion, isn't it?? the "buy-the-label" crowd would have no problem, but the more discriminating "buy-the-book" crowd might take exception.

i looked at my copy and there is no "stain" present. i have no idea what it is, but i do find it peculiar that a mark such as that still allows for a 9.6. i don't personally find it too bad as it's not all that easy to see, but can understand where some would have a problem given the likely cost.

Fair enough BB. And I agree the book would be nicer without the "stain" (or whatever it is), so I can understand why someone would pass on it at these prices because the book is not as perfect as it should be. If there were other nice copies out there, I probably would have sat out the auction myself. But I've never seen a copy even remotely close to this one, with or without stain, and as I am pessimistic that another copy will appear anytime soon, if ever, I felt compelled to pull the trigger. I guess I'll just have "upgrade" when an un-stained 9.6 copy comes along.

i was following the auction to conclusion and saw that you have won it. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

also noted that the same dude won the other 2 - 9.6's (#'s 23 & 27 i think) for way less. still, this helps begin to establish what the "market" will bear for these books in HG. still haven't sold mine yet but the bids are now pretty close to what i want.......... grin.gif

i was following the auction to conclusion and saw that you have won it. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

also noted that the same dude won the other 2 - 9.6's (#'s 23 & 27 i think) for way less. still, this helps begin to establish what the "market" will bear for these books in HG. still haven't sold mine yet but the bids are now pretty close to what i want.......... grin.gif

Just doing my part to help you sell your books! grin.gif

The 23 and 27 went for higher than I thought they'd go for, but of course the multiples still didn't approach the multiples that myself and a couple of other looney bidders were willing to pay for the #7. (damn that comiccollectorshop and wocw, why must they plague me?! tongue.gif). I'm confident more 9.4s and 9.6s of 23 and 27 (and all issues in the 20s and up) will appear in the future, but don't share that sentiment for issues 1-10.