• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Lantern #7 CGC 9.6 How High Will It Go?

44 posts in this topic

Could be a scanner issue possibly?

Maybe not a resub candidate though. foreheadslap.gif

Also maybe some foul substance got spilled on the slab. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Some late night coffee might have been needed to stay up and do the scans.

Looks like it could be a coffee stain. smirk.gif

It could be foxing, which CGC and OS do not downgrade for on older books.

The only allow foxing in 9.4 not 9.6 right?

But they do allow for ink transfer in 9.6.... screwy.gif

Okay I can't say for sure what it is, but I can tell you it is not any kind of foreign substance. As far as I can tell, since i've looked at this book hundreds of times it appears to be in the printing. I don't think it is even ink transfer. It's possible it was printed near the end of the run and maybe the ink was smeared slightly when coming off the press. Someone asked me this question and I answered him with the question & answer added near the bottom of the auction.

CGC obviously didn't feel it was enough of a defect to lower the grade below 9.6.

Ink defects are allowed in 9.6.

Is it really a "defect"?

If it makes the cover look like somebody took a dump on it I would consider it a defect.

boo.gif

Is it really a "defect"?

If it makes the cover look like somebody took a dump on it I would consider it a defect. boo.gif

This is just horrible. It's like daggers being driven through my eyes, it's so bad. Dave should burn this copy before offending our sensibilities by putting this piece of 893censored-thumb.gif on the market. I for one will contentedly sit here and wait for the next 9.6 GL 7 to come along.

Is it really a "defect"?

If it makes the cover look like somebody took a dump on it I would consider it a defect. boo.gif

This is just horrible. It's like daggers being driven through my eyes, it's so bad. Dave should burn this copy before offending our sensibilities by putting this piece of 893censored-thumb.gif on the market. I for one will contentedly sit here and wait for the next 9.6 GL 7 to come along.

well tth2, it's all a matter of opinion, isn't it?? the "buy-the-label" crowd would have no problem, but the more discriminating "buy-the-book" crowd might take exception.

i looked at my copy and there is no "stain" present. i have no idea what it is, but i do find it peculiar that a mark such as that still allows for a 9.6. i don't personally find it too bad as it's not all that easy to see, but can understand where some would have a problem given the likely cost.

in any event, good luck to Dave 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

OK what about the dude pointing the finger under the pink box on the lower left side... Looks like he is punching another smudge... and right under that... it looks like the lady in red from the Matrix. only in pink.... what is up with that pose... Va-va-va-voom

Looks like some shmuck has stolen your scans Dave. Here's his bogus auction: Bogus GL #7 auction by some loser Just thought you should know.

K

Thanks for heads up. Someone had sent me an Ask Seller a Question email earlier today wanting to know about "This other Green Lantern #7 with the same scan". I look it up on ebay and find the other auction. I'm thinking, "what do you want to know?" Isn't it obvious that the person with the 7500 feedback whose auction started 7 days ago, stole the scan from the person with 1 feedback, listed the comic as an 8.3, and started the auction 5 days after mine?

well tth2, it's all a matter of opinion, isn't it?? the "buy-the-label" crowd would have no problem, but the more discriminating "buy-the-book" crowd might take exception.

i looked at my copy and there is no "stain" present. i have no idea what it is, but i do find it peculiar that a mark such as that still allows for a 9.6. i don't personally find it too bad as it's not all that easy to see, but can understand where some would have a problem given the likely cost.

Fair enough BB. And I agree the book would be nicer without the "stain" (or whatever it is), so I can understand why someone would pass on it at these prices because the book is not as perfect as it should be. If there were other nice copies out there, I probably would have sat out the auction myself. But I've never seen a copy even remotely close to this one, with or without stain, and as I am pessimistic that another copy will appear anytime soon, if ever, I felt compelled to pull the trigger. I guess I'll just have "upgrade" when an un-stained 9.6 copy comes along.