• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got this yesterday!!!

13 posts in this topic

Just had this Fed Express yesterday!! Happy as a pig in 893censored-thumb.gif!!!!

Been looking along time for this copy as I collect Centaur Comics also, like some of you guys do!! Pre- Timely anyone!!! These books are hard to find in any grade let alone High grade!! Amazing Man seems to be the easiest to find in collections , but even some issues of them are hard to find!!! This issue has Bill Everett art, Carl Burgos, "creator of the Human Torch", Tarpe Mills , one of the 1st women in comics as a artist !!!! Scarce book , Everett Cover,what more could you ask??

scan0001.jpg

While were on the subject of Centaur Comics . here's one I purchased finally at Wizard World Philly a few months back, Funny Pages Vol. 3 # 7 1st Arrow Cover,great book ,art by Paul Gustavson,1939!!! Been on my want list for awhile, these comics are a collecting challenge as Centaurman, Buttock, & others can attest!!

scan0002.jpg

Both comics are 1939, The Arrow appeared earlier in the run, but this was his 1st cover appearance!!! Hard to find books, definately scarce!! Some collectors believe Centaurs had low distribution in alot of areas !!!! Plus they were only around maybe 4 years if that, before most of the artist went over to Timely!!! They were part of the Loyd Jacquett shop, Funnies Inc.in the golden Age!!!! Sorry if i didn't spell it right!!

You know - just looking at the headgear and the ship in the background and the overall action pose - it puts me in mind of Planet Comics and similar sci-fi books. This one is just great.

And you have to love that Funny Pages V3#7 - FUN FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY! Munsters? Addams Family? grin.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Love that Funny Pages!

Centaurs are very cool books and, considering their scarcity, are still relatively reasonable in the marketplace(when you can find them). Congrats on the purchases! thumbsup2.gif

Congrats!

I was searching a couple years for a good copy of X-Men #137...finally found one and then I came across 5 more that were just as good!! Figures..when it rains, it pours! foreheadslap.gif

Fantastic!!! Both very difficult to find (the AMF is slightly harder, I think), and that Arrow cover is wonderful. If I can ever get my butt in gear and quit doing all this business travel, I'll start posting some scans from both of these series.

Great acquisitions!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif