• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 10- Final Round!

88 posts in this topic

Since I usually undergrade when I miss, I shot way high on both trying to throw a hail mary. :facepalm:

lol I can relate. I usually start strong in these contests, then get dramatically worse in the second half (as I am second-guessing, then third- and fourth-guessing everything based on earlier results).

I think I did the reverse. Started poorly then gradually got better with one round in the middle being really bad.. MIght have won if there was another 30 rounds. :)

The second and third guesses of grades is what killed me. This last round my gut was telling me that Strange Tales was an 8.5 but at the last second I changed my mind and said 9.0.

This contest was a lot of fun. But I must admit, had it gone on for 30 rounds I am pretty sure I would have ended up last. :D

I suggest that in the next contest that everyone gets one "Bonus" to be played on a book of their choice.

Once during the contest at the time of submitting their grades, a player is allowed to pick one book to play as a Bonus.

Whatever score that person gets on that book gets a 4 times (4x) multiplier on that particular book.

Say they played it on a book and that book lands a bullseye, they would get 20 points for that one book.

Say they played it on a book that they missed by 4 grades, they get a minus 4 (-4) for that one book.

I think it would make for an interesting kick in the pants when coming down to the wire.

Do you play your bonus early on a book you have confidence in, or do you hold it to the end? hm

Damn...twas not to be...

I believe these were the first over-graded books I graded this competition...pretty sure (I'll go back and check) my 13 non-bullseyes were all UNDERGRADED! So I go for the final adjustment and grade 9.0 and 7.5. Was on the fence with the ST 90 at 8.5/9.0 and rounded up. Was at a pretty solid 7.0 on the SW 4...possible 6.5...possible 7.5 (not really) but I'd been wrong so many times I bumped to the 7.5...aaaarrrrgggghhhh! :frustrated:

Bottomline...I'll take the two positive scores and close out this contest with pride. :headbang:

MAJOR KUDOs to thirdgreenham and sckao for their efforts! (worship)

For me the Showcase book round was my double -1 nemesis...not a lot of experience in grading the "fuzzy" artwork.

Lotta fun...and very much appreciated! (thumbs u

I suggest that in the next contest that everyone gets one "Bonus" to be played on a book of their choice.

Once during the contest at the time of submitting their grades, a player is allowed to pick one book to play as a Bonus.

Whatever score that person gets on that book gets a 4 times (4x) multiplier on that particular book.

Say they played it on a book and that book lands a bullseye, they would get 20 points for that one book.

Say they played it on a book that they missed by 4 grades, they get a minus 4 (-4) for that one book.

I think it would make for an interesting kick in the pants when coming down to the wire.

Do you play your bonus early on a book you have confidence in, or do you hold it to the end? hm

Fun concept. I like. :)

:signfunny: