• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 10- Final Round!

88 posts in this topic

ST 90.

It's between 8.0 and 9.0 with the likely grade as 8.5. That dust shadow gives me pause.

I'm going to take a shot and say it got a bump to 9.0.

Strange Worlds 4

It's between a 6.5 and 7.5 depending on how CGC see's the water damage on the back. I've ruled out lower just because the water damage is so faint. This one is tough though with the bundle strap damage. Tiny tears and feather creasing along the spine. I really want to be generous on this black cover......

I'm going to swing for the fence and call it a 7.0 anyway (triple)

Top Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote

So close

Since I usually undergrade when I miss, I shot way high on both trying to throw a hail mary. :facepalm:

lol I can relate. I usually start strong in these contests, then get dramatically worse in the second half (as I am second-guessing, then third- and fourth-guessing everything based on earlier results).

ST 90.

It's between 8.0 and 9.0 with the likely grade as 8.5. That dust shadow gives me pause.

Strange Worlds 4

It's between a 6.5 and 7.5 depending on how CGC see's the water damage on the back. I've ruled out lower just because the water damage is so faint. This one is tough though with the bundle strap damage. Tiny tears and feather creasing along the spine. I really want to be generous on this black cover......

So close

You understood that was a PM thread and not a blog, right? :baiting:

Since I usually undergrade when I miss, I shot way high on both trying to throw a hail mary. :facepalm:

lol I can relate. I usually start strong in these contests, then get dramatically worse in the second half (as I am second-guessing, then third- and fourth-guessing everything based on earlier results).

I think I did the reverse. Started poorly then gradually got better with one round in the middle being really bad.. MIght have won if there was another 30 rounds. :)

ST 90.

Strange Worlds 4

So close

I did the same. I thought it was a strong 8.5 or a weak 9.0 so I bumped it to 9.0. :tonofbricks. I kept going back and forth on the Strange Worlds, I had it also in the 6.5 to 7.5 range, so I went with the 7.0. I figured at worst I'd get 3 points! Very happy with the guesses here.