• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Affordable Marvel Tales No. 1 - NOW REDUCED FOR MEMORIAL DAY!

29 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

For sale here are two books that generally seem to be popular among boardies - I recently upgraded so am looking for a good home for these two nice-presenting copies you can read and not stress out about. My kudos thread is linked below if you need references.

Rules:

1. No probies/HOSers/other miscreants

2. Paypal preferred

3. :takeit: trumps PMs

4. Price includes shipping within U.S.; I can also ship books from within Canada (from Montreal) at a rate calculated as per Canada Post. Presumably Quebec/Ontario will be cheaper than out west.

Thanks for checking out the thread! \(thumbs u

Night Nurse No. 1 / VG / $24 SHIPPED

For those of you who've never actually read this, here's your shot at a nice copy for not much moolah. Really an interesting piece from Marvel's venture into developing strong women characters in the early '70s, with beautiful art by Win Mortimer. Spine is tight and issues are reflective of grade; note the crease on the ulc on back cover and slight speckling in same area.

NN_1_f_zpsaad8c834.jpg

NN_1_b_zpsdf1cc3d9.jpg

Marvel Tales Annual No. 1 - Canadian blank back cover "scarce" (?) variant / G-VG / $44 NOW $39 SHIPPED!!!

The granddaddy of giant-sized anthologies! Very solid copy with great eye appeal of the book reprinting the origin stories of so many iconic heroes, plus you get a pic of the 1964 Marvel bullpen, to boot! Book gets dinged a bit on the grade due to 1" spine splits at top and bottom of front cover, plus there's about 1/4" of flaking at the top of the spine (see pic). On the whole a happy addition to someone's collection that looks sweet in a Mylar!

MT_1_f_zpsb5fa7d8f.jpg

ST_1_b_zpscc1ad128.jpg

IMG_7107_zps8e8de052.jpg

For those of you who've never actually read this, here's your shot at a nice copy for not much moolah. Really an interesting piece from Marvel's venture into developing strong women characters in the early '70s, with beautiful art by Win Mortimer. Spine is tight and issues are reflective of grade; note the crease on the ulc on back cover and slight speckling in same area.

NN_1_f_zpsaad8c834.jpg

NN_1_b_zpsdf1cc3d9.jpg

:takeit:

NN_1_f_zpsaad8c834.jpg

NN_1_b_zpsdf1cc3d9.jpg

Missed it by 36 seconds...dang

NN_1_f_zpsaad8c834.jpg

NN_1_b_zpsdf1cc3d9.jpg

^^ thanks much!

NN_1_f_zpsaad8c834.jpg

NN_1_b_zpsdf1cc3d9.jpg

I'll take it if the other guys fall through. Nice book at a good price.

Marvel Tales Annual No. 1 / G-VG / $44 SHIPPED

ST_1_b_zpscc1ad128.jpg

Why is the back cover blank?

I thought the same thing. And I've got multiple copies. :doh: :blush: :lol:

Is this a variant? All the copies I see on Feabay have the ad for 100 toy soldiers for a $1.25 (which is a great deal BTW :gossip: )

ST_1_b_zpscc1ad128.jpg

Is this a variant? All the copies I see on Feabay have the ad for 100 toy soldiers for a $1.25 (which is a great deal BTW :gossip: )

Believe this is the Canadian version?

ST_1_b_zpscc1ad128.jpg

No mention of a Canadian version in GCD.

ST_1_b_zpscc1ad128.jpg

Interior covers should be blank, too. It's the Canadian edition. Overstreet notes such.

ST_1_b_zpscc1ad128.jpg

No mention of a Canadian version in GCD.

I've seen no other 1964 marvel with a blank back cover. It must be a variant or error cover.

I've owned several of these--and a Millie the Model annual from the same period--with the blank covers. It's my understanding that they were made for export to the Canadian market...

I've owned several of these--and a Millie the Model annual from the same period--with the blank covers. It's my understanding that they were made for export to the Canadian market...

I wonder if its only annuals that had blank back covers. hm must be rarer then the regular version. hmhm