• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round FINAL RANKINGS

32 posts in this topic

FINAL Commentary

Three years have passed since the last gathering. Flickering memories of what was pass in and out of the daily fog. Life happens. The torch has been passed.

New leadership rises to take up the mantle once again.

And so the clarion call to battle issues forth anew. From nearby towns to cities from far off lands, they come. From the far reaches of the Wintry north to the warm shores of the Southern Isles... all come to stake their claim once more and to compete for the Ultimate Prize. :eek:

108 Contestants. 21 Days. 10 Rounds. ONE Champion.

Whether they were old hands trying once again or babes in the woods learning round after round, each found that this was not an ordinary Grading Contest. Nay, it was something far more. Nary a modern was to be found. :cry: Super High Grade books were few and far between! :frustrated: Few realized that what they had stumbled upon was the hardest Grading Contest to date! :acclaim:

Some could not take the pressure and dropped out. Others withdrew. In all, 11 challengers have fallen by the wayside leaving 97 brave souls to see the journey to its climactic conclusion.

The ROUNDS are now over. The Mathematically Eliminated Line has done its silent and deadly duty. Quiet floods the land once again. Weary eyes lift for the final judgment!

In the end, THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Congratulations, Toro, the 2013 Inaugural CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Champion!

2013-Green-Eggs-Trophy-m.jpg

2013-Final-Rankings.gif

Special AWARD Winners

WINNER OF LAST POSITIVE CONTESTANT IN A NEGATIVE ZONE: TheGeneral (last player standing without a negative round)

Honorable mention: PointFive

WINNER OF HARDEST WORKING PLAYER WITH THE LOWEST SCORE: Gloomfire (lowest ranked player to not miss a round)

Honorable mention: Midnightowl

WINNER OF THE BULLSEYE AWARD: toro with 13 bullseyes

Honorable mention: canickus with 12 bullseyes

WINNER OF THE MOST CONSISTENT PLAYER AWARD: toro with 18 +/- 1 Rounds.

Honorable mention: TheGeneral with 17 +/- 1 rounds

WINNER OF THE MOST GRADES OFF AWARD: Gloomfire with 49 grades off.

Dishonorable Mention: Midnightowl with 48 grades off

WINNER OF MOST IMPROVED PLAYER AWARD (MIP): Zuckuss2003 (76) Difference between lowest ranking and Round 10 ranking

Honorable Mention: DiceX (73)

Special Thanks to your Host and Moderator: thirdgreenham!

Good job with the contest, guys. Thanks for the jovial banter. lol

Congrats to Toro. I knew you could do it. (thumbs u

Wow! Cool trophy! I wish I had a 3D printer to print that baby out!

Thanks again to Andy and Shin for running this for all of us. As hard as I work at trying to guess the grade (the last few rounds took hours). It pales in comparison to the real work you both put into this contest. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Congrats to all who finished out the contest. Nik always would encourage me not to hold back when he thought I might play one of the rounds safe (trying for just 3 and not going for the bullseye). So congrats to all of you who went for the bullseye, I really had to sweat this one out. Dice, if you had not taken that nap in round two, this would have been a totally different contest. (thumbs u

Thanks everyone - great to see this played in the right spirit!

Great learning tool as well - thanks to our great hosts Andy and Shin :applause:

Take that wilson3D .....

I schooled you :baiting:

:grin:

Lots of fun guys. Thanks again for all the efforts. And congrats to all the prize winners. Good job :golfclap:

Thanks to Shin, Andy and all those who participated and got involved with getting this contest together.

I had an unexpected work assignment dropped on me just as the contest was underway, and was under time crunch throughout, but especially during those last three rounds. My goal was primarily to able to post grades for all 10 rounds.

I would have liked to spend more time on some of the rounds instead of the rushed grading I did, but overall I'm glad the contest took place and look forward to participating again in the future. :D

Thank you very much to Shin and Andy, it was extremely fun and entertaining.

This was a great contest and I performed way better than expected.

36 out of 108 is not bad at all, if I didn't forget to submit grades on round 8 it would have been even better.

One thing I discovered, I tend to undergrade.

Why can't there be a fastest to submit his guesses award. :cry:lol Great contest guys! Thank you! :applause: 52 out of 100...I stink at grading. If I am going to buy any raw comics that I get scans of....I will be sending them to Toro before I buy them. hm

What's also amazing is there are some excellent graders here that finished in the bottom half.

It's probably worth saying once more with feeling, these are 'guess CGC's current standards' contests as much as they are grading contests.

Props again, well done gents. :applause: