• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's your price paid per book comfort zone?

Comfort zone for price paid for a book l  

462 members have voted

1. 1. Comfort zone for price paid for a book l

46 posts in this topic

Have dropped 5k on several books. Will have to go higher to get others. I think 10k+ is where my immediate comfort zone stops.

Wuss

Have dropped 5k on several books. Will have to go higher to get others. I think 10k+ is where my immediate comfort zone stops.

Wuss

I was referring to the Marvel SA First issue set, Dork !

Now shuttup and fetch me a Mad about Millie 9.8 !!

However, I still have a lot of books that need to be purchased in for my collection.

Fixed.

You have a hard on for my grammatical mistakes, huh?

I have no idea how people even look at how you spell anything with your sig line on....I just stare at it every time you post something...you could be the worst speller in the world and I would never see it. lol

However, I still have a lot of books that need to be purchased in for my collection.

Fixed.

You have a hard on for my grammatical mistakes, huh?

I have no idea how people even look at how you spell anything with your sig line on....I just stare at it every time you post something...you could be the worst speller in the world and I would never see it. lol

lol

Interesting results...

The last choice (whatever it takes) is sort of meant to indicate that you're comfortable paying whatever amount it would take to acquire a book, whether $6000 or $60000.

Like many have posted, I have paid more than my comfort level a few times but really get that "oh :censored: " feeling when I do.

I voted five hundred that's where my wife's comfort zone is for me and I better have it mostly paid off before I move on to another larger purchase. She is totally against credit card balances so my play money is my bill me later account which she see's the balance as she uses it for her online shopping sometimes.

I used to be comfortable spending 1K on a book and had spent as much as 2K, but unless it's for resale, I rarely spend more than $50 anymore and have sold most of my more valuable books. I redirected my collecting focus along with tapering off from purchases altogether, and find I get as much satisfaction from picking up a $30 book as I did from a $300 book. That I make what I did 10 years ago combined with increases in living expenses ( including private school - shoot me now) was undoubtedly a big influence in my decision, but while I still enjoy reading, talking and buying comics, my passion for collecting has cooled in recent years, and I rarely miss anything I have sold.