• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 makes for awesome insulation.

70 posts in this topic

You know, this could be the next stage in finding old comics. Without a doubt, the 3 or 4 comics discussed here that were found in walls/floors etc, are not the only ones. Maybe people tearing down old homes of the appropriate age will begin to be more alert for such things as there could be a significant payday waiting for them if they only spot it in time!

You're right. So I'm quitting my career and I'm going to start working as an insulation replacement contractor specializing in pre-1960 homes. I will only rip out insulation in such homes. My wife won't like it, but if I can find one or two Action 1s or Tec 27s each year, I should be good to go.

Start in one room, find the cover wrap. Tear the whole place down looking for the rest and hope the person who stuck it in the walls wasn't a contractor and didn't use up the the last few wraps on another house.

Wow, just found the before and after pics:

actionfront_lg.jpg

actionback_lg.jpg

So it's not just the back cover that's torn but a handful of interior pages, as well.

I'm surprised CGC didn't note the tears to the interior pages. Do they not do this anymore?

Some years ago they cut back on their label notes. They used to note rusty staples and some other stuff. Now on blue label books, they only seem to note tape.

Wow, just found the before and after pics:

actionfront_lg.jpg

actionback_lg.jpg

So it's not just the back cover that's torn but a handful of interior pages, as well.

I'm surprised CGC didn't note the tears to the interior pages. Do they not do this anymore?

Some years ago they cut back on their label notes. They used to note rusty staples and some other stuff. Now on blue label books, they only seem to note tape.

I thought they stopped noting exterior defects that were visible through the slab. I'm very surprised that they're not noting interior defects. As far as I know, they still note detached centerfolds, so why not long tears on interior pages?

How many copies of Action #1 are registered in the CGC census?

That's just lazy.

60 - but you don't know for sure it's 60 different ones.

There is a Action 1 from 1900 (no date), only 1, and it's 9.0. hm

Ashcan. :sumo:

That's just lazy.

Thanks for answering! I wasn't being lazy. I don't have a CGC membership so I can't see the census data.

Thanks for answering! I wasn't being lazy. I don't have a CGC membership so I can't see the census data.

You can see it on the My Comic Shop site.

That's just lazy.

Signing up for a free membership level gives you access to the census.

Signing up for a free membership level gives you access to the census.

Yea, the Census has always been free. :cloud9: