• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action Comics #1 makes for awesome insulation.

70 posts in this topic

Well, that did it - it was pressed. :sumo:

Just kidding - what an awesome find. I wonder if the rusty staples should be replaced for conservation purposes so that it doesn't continue to deteriorate the paper.

I do recall another story of an Action 1 being found in house on the verge of foreclosure. I was reading the part about the relative who ripped the Action 1 in a heated discussion - Fishler is quoted to saying it was a $75,000 tear. :eek:

By the way...this is a first i've seen CC doing disclosure of pressing

"This book was pressed by CCS"

Anyone else see this before? Just curious.

I like that they do that.

I personally think this is a plant to build up interest in the sale.

I just don't buy the guys story...

My first thought was to grab my tinfoil hat and yell conspiracy. But I gotta believe Vincent Z and company would catch anything suspicious. Why risk their rep?

Still, story sounds too familiar.

In a wall doesn't sound too far fetched. paper was used as insulation back then. there is an addition to my house done in the 40s, and when I had to replace part of the exterior wall there we found a wall packed with newspapers from 1941 and 1942. so why not comics?

By the way...this is a first i've seen CC doing disclosure of pressing

"This book was pressed by CCS"

Anyone else see this before? Just curious.

I like that they do that.

I've seen that on random books at Metro's site. I've also seen "send this book to CCS for a press" as well.

Wow. Two guys from Montana find the same article at the same time (by one minute!).

What number am I thinking? One of us might be ready for the Psychic Hotline

Personally, I think that in addition to Boardies, we are also Fark.com lurkers. hm