• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niagara Falls Comic Con

36 posts in this topic

Has anyone been to the Niagara Falls (Canadian side) Comic Con before? For a small show it has a decent bunch of artists.

I was hoping to get my first sketch. Do people find it easier or more difficult at these small shows?

I was there last year. Nice show. Should be getting bigger this year. Somewhat easy to get sketches, as the show does attract more for celebs. It's the same for most shows. Get there early, to either be in line for sketches, or get your name on a list.

Dealers list looks amazing. If anyone wanted to experience the reality show that is Canadian comic dealers, niagra falls is the show.

From talking about the squirting Olympics to describing what "ferries" are all about. I'm pretty excited for this years gathering.

I'm looking forward to trying this event out. But I'm a little disappointed by the lack of comic guests personally. There are only three coming that aren't local or nearby, and even then George has been up quite a few times. Silvestri is really the big deal here.

I do find it weird that some comic guests aren't properly advertised on the Artists page (like Dave Ross, Johnny Desjardins), and that some artist alley types are being promoted as big featured guests.

I'm looking forward to trying this event out. But I'm a little disappointed by the lack of comic guests personally. There are only three coming that aren't local or nearby, and even then George has been up quite a few times. Silvestri is really the big deal here.

I do find it weird that some comic guests aren't properly advertised on the Artists page (like Dave Ross, Johnny Desjardins), and that some artist alley types are being promoted as big featured guests.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Kevin, but I do recall it being mentioned on the Comic Book Lounge & Gallery's Facebook page, that Ty Templeton will be appearing at the booth, during Niagara Falls Comic Con?

Yes, Ty Templeton is coming (he really wants to attend but there was no table space left in the pro area, so I had offered him space in my section).

Leonard Kirk graciously offered to share his table with Ty, so he'll be seated with Leonard in the professional guest area. (which is why I removed the posting on the store's FB page to avoid confusion)

Anyone that has a chance to get a Leonard Kirk sketch should do so. He was at Gotham Central for FCBD and the man was pumping out awesome sketch after awesome sketch. Guy was a machine and nice to everyone that came to say hello.

Just my 2c

Captain Canuck Action Figure. Captain Canuck Action Figure?

OMG.

Also,

Anyone that has a chance to get a Leonard Kirk sketch should do so. He was at Gotham Central for FCBD and the man was pumping out awesome sketch after awesome sketch. Guy was a machine and nice to everyone that came to say hello.

Just my 2c

Yeah he does some good stuff, this is from that event.

photo12_zpse99e80ad.jpg