• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice League of America #4

23 posts in this topic

The only supernatural aspect I know of is in the Burton movie but I'm not wiki.

There with you Mushie. This kinda came out of nowhere. Did DC tell the retailers to order heavy on this one like they did with Robin's death and the Carrie/Robin thing?

If DC didn't hype this up like they did with Damien and "Death in the Family", then maybe

she's not dead.

Thats why I asked if DC was telling retailers if they wanted to bump up their orders.

There's going to have to really be some explaining to say what was a no-doubt event didn't happen...I mean the panels don't leave anything to the imagination...

Regardless of why this issue was not promoted more, which is weird, lots of even 'fake' deaths are heavily promoted these days, I am starting to see online the whole 'women in refridgerators' issue come up now.

I don't think I necessarily disagree with it either...Catwoman is DC's second or third most recognizable female hero and to have her even say "Batman will get you" and then have her be completely helpless then shot (at least Blue Beetle got to go down fighting in Infinite Crisis) is, IMHO, in poor taste - Especially the panel with her dead eyes and blood running down her face and the final splash page.

Even if it turns out to be someone else under the cowl or J'onn J'onzz, it is still in pretty poor taste. If anyone would go down fighting, it would be Selina.

I have to admit I enjoyed those last few pages (along with all the others). With DC revving up villain month, it's nice to see a bad guy not taking the "Dr. Evil" approach to eliminating heroes. Just point and shoot. Sure, it's probably not permanent but it does emphasize that these villains are not playing around. I'm excited to see what happens.

Regardless of why this issue was not promoted more, which is weird, lots of even 'fake' deaths are heavily promoted these days, I am starting to see online the whole 'women in refridgerators' issue come up now.

I don't think I necessarily disagree with it either...Catwoman is DC's second or third most recognizable female hero and to have her even say "Batman will get you" and then have her be completely helpless then shot (at least Blue Beetle got to go down fighting in Infinite Crisis) is, IMHO, in poor taste - Especially the panel with her dead eyes and blood running down her face and the final splash page.

Even if it turns out to be someone else under the cowl or J'onn J'onzz, it is still in pretty poor taste. If anyone would go down fighting, it would be Selina.

I really don't think catwoman really planned on getting shot in the head, kind of hard to go down fighting with a bullet in your head.