• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay.....go jump in a lake

25 posts in this topic

Had another lovely encounter with an Ebay seller.

Due to my remote location overseas I look at ebay at the early morning hours for the continental US, therefore I have gotten some decent deals lately.

Picked up a Hulk #300 in 9.8 for $18 with $10 for expedited shipping which I thought was pretty good

Got an email from the seller a little bit ago which said:

" it costs more to ship to that address, I am issuing you a refund"

I politely replied that I would be happy to pick up any additional shipping costs if there were any.

He issued a refund anyway

My problem is this. My shipping address is an APO address.

It doesn't cost anymore to send to an APO address than it does to send to any other address in CONUS!

So I am adding him to my block list as I believe he just simply was having sellers remorse and expected to get more for his book.

If you want his ebay name, just PM me and ill send it to ya

yup that sucks he got burned because he didn't set a reserve price his own fault ... should be something you should be able to do about this with ebay honestly ...

I have on occasion shipped to APOs. In some cases it will run a bit higher than one might expect but quite frankly have never had a problem absorbing that cost. If you're going to put your life on the line serving in the military I think it's the least I can offer in return. 2c

I have on occasion shipped to APOs. In some cases it will run a bit higher than one might expect but quite frankly have never had a problem absorbing that cost. If you're going to put your life on the line serving in the military I think it's the least I can offer in return. 2c

:applause:

I have never seen shipping to an APO address cost anymore than anywhere else, but I don't doubt that it could happen.

In this particular case I checked the shipping for a priority mail package from his zip code to mine and it was only $7

I have shipped to APO's as well and there was hardly a difference in price. That seller was being a D bag and was expecting more money for that book. I would leave negative feedback explaining the situation.

Many years ago I shipped a hockey card to an APO . I wrote the address exactly as i was given it . Guy emailed me saying he didnt get it . I figured it was due to being sent to an APO. I dont think I have shipped any other items to an APO since . I would still ship to an APO. I would just worry i would have the same results .

+1

There are several online retailers who won't ship to APO addresses. I used APOBox which is a drop-shipping type of service and I got everything I ordered using that as my shipping address. It cost a bit extra, but when you absolutely, positively have to have a new iPod while in theater, you'll pay it.

In almost 5 years of deployed ops I have never had a package not show up using an APO address.

Truth be told I have never even had one get mangled, although I know that I have been lucky in that respect.

That's weak. Neg him, report him and post his name here and forget the PMs, let his D-baggery be known.

Other than it taking a little longer than normal Postal Service delivery times, never had a problem with APO shipping. In fact, I'm always thrilled when I go to print the shipping label for a buyer whose location is somewhere outside the U.S. and instead of costing between $30 to $50 it's only $11.35 (or whatever a medium flat rate box is these days through the 'bay) because the buyer is military.

If you're not going to get what you think you should for a book don't auction it, put an overpriced/unreasonable BIN price on like everyone else. :taptaptap:

+1

I hope that seller isnt a boardie.

Shipping to APO is relatively easy, you can still do online shipping when going to an APO - I don't see what the problem is for some sellers. Unless they still do it the old fashioned way where they have to walk up to the counter, fill out forms by hand, etc.

In almost 5 years of deployed ops I have never had a package not show up using an APO address.

Truth be told I have never even had one get mangled, although I know that I have been lucky in that respect.

Yeah 4 years on a boat with no problems either. I think its an unwritten rule not to mess around with the mail. Although a few missing playboys was not unheard of.

+1

I hope that seller isnt a boardie.

+2 also if you are shipping trades/books there is a further discounted MILITARY MEDIA RATE thats even cheaper than regular Media rate...