• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I bought some really cool books on my trip to Pa...

82 posts in this topic

I have often seen Al Stoltz (basement comics) and Tom Gordon III at Adamstown too.

:whee:

5560149342_220a4e2012_z.jpg

But those guys weren't interested in the Romance Comics I purchased.

I am! :D

What part of PA? Anywhere near me? Next time you come, assuming you come to either the Adamstowm area or the Philly suburb area, feel free to contact me. I don't flip comic books for resale, but a lot of antique dealers I know would love for a dealer to look through their stock. Keep in mind a lot of this is good stuff. It is just that these books are not their bread and butter, so they sit unattended.

Kind Regards,

'Mint'

I'm in Northern Virginia, can be in the Philly suburbs in three hours. LMK.

Slow down Danny boy, I'm 40 minutes from Adamstown :rulez:

I picked up at least half of these at Adamstown and a bunch more thanks to Wally. :headbang:

8545457147_7157acaef0_c.jpg

8059662686_6cc8c906b3_c.jpg

Love the Marvel Tales 101 and 128!

unfortunately, none of the comics previously posted were the cool ones I procurred last week, but I did manage a minute to snap a few cell phone pics (won't have time to thoroughly go through them for 2 weeks!!! as I am away from tomorrow through tuesday the 18th...ugh!)

but will be fun when I get back...

here are the stacks I am fortunate enough to get to peruse:

centaur1_zpsab3016df.jpg

Several nice batches of Centaurs have popped up recently - obviously I'm interested, rick!
fortunately I bought all these for me ... I will have a few undercopies available at some point

Thanks folks. Rest assured this time I won't stop (all things remaining ok of course) till I have them all bwawawawawa

Mint... Sent you a pm because I haven't gotten one concerning (shrug)

Hello,

I got your PM. Since that time I have been swamped with many more. Wow, I didn't realize how much of a response on this I would get.

I do not have a lot time tto devote to this forum as I would like; therefore I apologize that I cannot respond to all the PM's I receive on a daily basis. My normal response time is 2-3 days; unless I am involved with a transaction withba felliw 'boardie' or doing a requested appraisal (usually informal) that I may have promised someone.

I am also generally on an iPad hitch explains the horrid grammar at times...

There are several great auction houses in the Adamstown area that I frequent. I am fairly well known attending many Morphy Auctions and generally can be seen keeping a low profile on auction days. They actually get lots of golden age and silver age comic books that go for relatively cheap prices. I know there are several in tomorrow's auction.

There is a buyer's fee; as this is a fairly high end auction gallery. With my love of antique glass and related antiques, I can tell you that I find this to be one of my favorite auction houses; even beating out Heritage.

I can also tell you that they are doing a documentary/reality type show as well. This was announced by 'Scoop' so I am not stating anything confidential or otherwise.

There are many smaller dealers that do not specialize in comic books, but sell them. I regret not buying the low grade Hulk #1 I found at or near Renninger's. This was several years ago and the dealer wanted $2000. Today, this would have been a steal. I do have a dealer as a contact who is looking for some of his early Batman and Tec titles. I have yet to get a price, as I haven't stopped in to see him in a few weeks.

All in all. Your best bet is the smaller dealers or larger dealers who sell antiques and have no interest in comic books. I actually get high end art glass and vintage video games from the same dealer; as he clears out estates for a living. Adamstown and the surrounding area is a great location to find this stuff. It is out there and I encounter a lot of it as I go.

unfortunately, none of the comics previously posted were the cool ones I procurred last week, but I did manage a minute to snap a few cell phone pics (won't have time to thoroughly go through them for 2 weeks!!! as I am away from tomorrow through tuesday the 18th...ugh!)

centaur1_zpsab3016df.jpg

Oh man!!! :cloud9:

undoubtedly the best book in the bunch

centaur2_zps55ed273c.jpg

bunky will be paying you for that one
(tsk) not for sale. This and the aman26 will be last 2 books I would ever sell if Nec :cloud9:

centaur1_zpsab3016df.jpg

Cool!