• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I bought some really cool books on my trip to Pa...

82 posts in this topic

I will provide some details soon, but needless to say I am very excited!

I was fortunate enough to purchase a small accumation/collection of centaur comics. The majority will reside in my collection but there was a bit of duplication of books I already own, so once I determine which are under copies and which are keepers , I'll probably post a few pics (I know I don't post many pics of my collection any more - truthfully because folks sometimes try to buy, and many times are successful lol , but I will make the exception this go round)

Bubbles.

What part of PA? Anywhere near me? Next time you come, assuming you come to either the Adamstowm area or the Philly suburb area, feel free to contact me. I don't flip comic books for resale, but a lot of antique dealers I know would love for a dealer to look through their stock. Keep in mind a lot of this is good stuff. It is just that these books are not their bread and butter, so they sit unattended.

Kind Regards,

'Mint'

What part of PA? Anywhere near me? Next time you come, assuming you come to either the Adamstowm area or the Philly suburb area, feel free to contact me. I don't flip comic books for resale, but a lot of antique dealers I know would love for a dealer to look through their stock. Keep in mind a lot of this is good stuff. It is just that these books are not their bread and butter, so they sit unattended.

Kind Regards,

'Mint'

Wizard World con in Phil. :gossip:

I will provide some details soon, but needless to say I am very excited!

I was fortunate enough to purchase a small accumation/collection of centaur comics. The majority will reside in my collection but there was a bit of duplication of books I already own, so once I determine which are under copies and which are keepers , I'll probably post a few pics (I know I don't post many pics of my collection any more - truthfully because folks sometimes try to buy, and many times are successful lol , but I will make the exception this go round)

Bubbles.

I was fortunate enough to get to see them all Friday night since The Gator crashed at my place.

Beautiful collection of books! Congrats again Rick :applause:

Kind Regards,

'Mint'

I live in the Philly suburb area and would love to look through the antique dealer stock you are talking about. :wishluck:

Kind Regards,

'Mint'

I live in the Philly suburb area and would love to look through the antique dealer stock you are talking about. :wishluck:

Roadtrip!

Kind Regards,

'Mint'

If you want to go on a road trip I am all for it. I did however PM GATOR as well. I don't know if it would be worth making a full separate trip for (assuming you are out of state), but f you are already in the area like yourself, it may be worth it. A lot of auction houses also get 'lots' in that don't sell too well and have key silver age and other desirable issues in them. Most antique dealers don't bother with comic books due to the legwork involved. If it isn't their core business they pass on the items. I get a lot of cool stuff offered as a result. Up until just a few years ago I was one of the few who bought and dealt in BOTH antiques and collectibles. There still is a lot of apprehension from some antique dealers to carry collectibles. Some frown on dealing pop culture related collectibles altogether. Kind of interesting if you ask me.

'Mint'

Kind Regards,

'Mint'

I'm in Northern Virginia, can be in the Philly suburbs in three hours. LMK.

Kind Regards,

'Mint'

Slow down Danny boy, I'm 40 minutes from Adamstown :rulez:

Kind Regards,

'Mint'

Slow down Danny boy, I'm 40 minutes from Adamstown :rulez:

I picked up at least half of these at Adamstown and a bunch more thanks to Wally. :headbang:

8545457147_7157acaef0_c.jpg

8059662686_6cc8c906b3_c.jpg