• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a positive thread to make Comics General better.
3 3

3,896 posts in this topic

Hard to stay positive all alone here ladies and gentlemen

you are never alone ...

Matthew 28:20 ..." observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” :grin:

Great st. Paul… And to cheer Jimmers up a bit…

here’s my lower grade Spyder #3 (with the first italian Mr. A) if he still wants it.

God bless…

rW0rIzEh.jpg

Edited by vaillant

Hard to stay positive all alone here ladies and gentlemen

you are never alone ...

Matthew 28:20 ..." observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” :grin:

Great st. Paul… And to cheer Jimmers up a bit…

here’s my lower grade Spyder #3 (with the first italian Mr. A) if he still wants it.

God bless…

rW0rIzEh.jpg

Beauty!I've never gotten anything from Italy before.....

Sankyo!

Senormac....How goes the comic!!?

What is this, imgur? Every time a pic of a girl with nicely-shaped breasts is shown, all you hear is "FAKE!"....

"Nicely shaped" does not to me equate to really or overly high and round. For many of us a necessary condition of "nicely shaped" is "natural looking".

Where there's mass, gravity will have an effect. In the case of breasts, gravity works to make them fuller at the bottom. If they're really full at the top and/or don't flow out to the sides when the lady in question reclines, that's not natural. i.e. they're fake.

Here's a helpful article:

With the help of Norman Rowe, M.D., a renowned New York City plastic surgeon, we’ve put together a handy how-to guide that you can use to tell if a woman’s breasts are bogus just by looking at them.

1. They’re Too Close to Each Other

Most women’s breasts have 2 to 3 inches of space in between them, but implants shrink that gap significantly. If it looks like hers are touching in the middle, they’re likely fake. “When doctors put in implants, most of the time they’ll just pop them in and set the breasts very close to each other, near the midline of the chest,” says Dr. Rowe.

2. They’re Too High Up

Another dead giveaway: her breasts are set too high on her chest. Usually, they should sit right around where the armpits are, but a botched boob job when implants are placed in from the armpits can make the breasts ride up higher, Dr. Rowe says. This is easier to see when women are wearing swimsuits, because padded pushup bras also lift up breasts.

3. They Look Like Cantaloupes

“Natural breasts are shaped like pears or teardrops, but if hers look more like big, round melons, that’s a telltale sign they’re fake,” says Dr. Rowe. That’s because unlike real breasts, which are naturally fuller on the bottom, implants are evenly distributed with silicon or saline from top to bottom, creating a perfectly round shape.

4. You Can Spot Scars

Plastic surgeons generally use four access points on the body to put in implants, all of which leave scars: The belly button (look for a scar about half an inch up from it, toward the abdomen); the inframammary crease between the breasts and chest (leaving two symmetrical scars at the bottom of the breasts); around the nipples (but she’d have to be topless for you to see it); and the armpits, which leave the most noticeable scars. “If a woman’s wearing a tank top and she lifts her arms up, look for 2-inch scars under her armpits on either side,” says Dr. Rowe. And unlike the belly button, which could be an incision point for other surgeries like appendectomies, not too many other surgeons use the armpit for other procedures, he says.

5. You Can Hear Sloshing

You might need bionic ears (or just a quiet room) for this one to work, but here’s a sign you can actually hear instead of seeing: Women with saline implants—an alternative to silicon—will sometimes give off a “sloshing” sound when they move side to side. That’s probably the result of the surgeon filling up the implant once it was inside the woman’s breast. “If the implant doesn’t fill up all the way with saline, it creates an air pocket, which is audible. It’s not something you’d notice on a woman walking down the street, but you can definitely hear it in an intimate setting,” Dr. Rowe says. So listen up.

;)

Edited by Hepcat

So was there ever a better movie made than When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth?

3cc69b1c21a1d0fb61e0636524159f14.jpg

Could Hammer's earlier epic One Million Years B.C. be such a movie?

onemillionyearsbc.jpg

???

Edited by Hepcat

So to continue my celebration of Canada's Gold medal at the World Junior Hockey Championship yesterday evening, here are scans of some hockey cards I already have in Photobucket:

1958-59 Topps

29-07-201245449PM.jpg

29-07-201245452PM.jpg

With respect to cards I've found difficult, my holy grail card is the Bobby Hull card from the above set. There are three difficulties for me associated with this card. The first is that demand for it is enormous since he's a superstar and it is his rookie card. The second is that it was the last card in the set and thus as likely as the first card to suffer worn corners from being stuffed in pockets, meaning the destruction factor for the Bobby Hull card was higher than for 64 out of 65 of the remaining cards in the set. Finally, there's something about the paper/cardboard stock used in the production of this set that makes the cards more prone to yellowing/toning than any of the subsequent years. Most of the 1958-59 hockey cards you see are more yellowed than the 1959-60 hockey cards. Whether it was the actual card stock used or whether some yellow dye got into the white paint at some point in the production process, it's tough to find these cards as white as I like them. I'm still not completely satisfied with about a half dozen of mine but admittedly I'm more than a bit of a fanatic on the whiteness requirement. Most annoyingly dealers don't penalize these cards for yellowing. The bastards just shrug.

A bright white sharp 1958-59 Bobby Hull card would cost over $3000. My ideal is therefore to find one of these way off center to bring the price down to under $1500 which is admittedly still one hell of a lot of money for a little piece of cardboard. My hunt has consequently been on the backburner for the last few years.

1960-61 Topps

29-07-201245456PM.jpg

29-07-201245500PM.jpg

1961-62 York

19-05-201354447PM_zps2771cfe8.jpg

19-05-201354450PM_zps2a367312.jpg

Here are front and back scans of the booklet into which these cards could be glued (Shriek, shriek!):

19-05-201354453PM_zpsc73f23bd.jpg

19-05-201354455PM_zps8dd70aaa.jpg

1963-64 York

19-05-201354458PM_zps8de5e1cb.jpg

19-05-201354501PM_zps48bc9742.jpg

These 1963-64 York cards may not have been as popular with kids as the 1961-62 issue because they're not as plentiful today. Moreover, the white backs are also very vulnerable to the ravages of time and they're tough to find with nice, bright backs.

1964-65 Topps

29-07-201245443PM.jpg

29-07-201245446PM.jpg

These cards are even more prized today than other hockey card sets from the mid-sixties. You see the Tall Boy format wasn't popular with kids at the time. The packs were a dime rather than a nickel (albeit you got more cards in each pack)! Moreover they weren't as easy to carry around in your pocket. Because of their added length, they got wrecked more easily in pockets. As a result of these factors, the Tall Boys are much tougher to find in nice shape these days.

I have a modest collection of moderns as well. Here are some of my jersey cards which I love because they're so gaudy:

2003-04 Pacific Titanium

03-12-201175031PM.jpg

The last four Giguere cards are patch parallels.

03-12-201175034PM.jpg

The last three Miller cards are patch parallels.

And here are a few scans of some hockey coins:

1960-61 Shirriff

02-09-2012104733PM.jpg

02-09-2012104736PM.jpg

1968-69 Shirriff

02-09-2012104737PM.jpg

02-09-2012104740PM.jpg

:cool:

Edited by Hepcat