• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
42 42

22,403 posts in this topic

The Pre-CODE horror comics published by STANDARD, I feel, are very under-rated.

Adventures into Darkness, The UNSEEN, WHO is NEXT ?, Out of the Shadows... Copies that you see are almost never above VG.

I suppose the fact that many were printed with lots of black on the cover didn't help.

I had a nice copy of Adventures into Darkness no. 6 and parted with it thinking I could replace it one day. That was at least five years ago and I've never seen another decent copy.

I'm quoting myself here.

Anyhow, I mentioned how tough some of the STANDARD published pre-code is and a week later someone posted a HIGH GRADE copy on ebay.

That issue of WHO IS NEXT ? sold for a very respectable $461.00. Easily the sharpest copy of this one-shot I've seen.

who1a.jpg

$460 for that book seems pretty reasonable. Great cover and VERY tough to find in any shape, let alone high grade.

The Pre-CODE horror comics published by STANDARD, I feel, are very under-rated.

Adventures into Darkness, The UNSEEN, WHO is NEXT ?, Out of the Shadows... Copies that you see are almost never above VG.

I suppose the fact that many were printed with lots of black on the cover didn't help.

I had a nice copy of Adventures into Darkness no. 6 and parted with it thinking I could replace it one day. That was at least five years ago and I've never seen another decent copy.

I'm quoting myself here.

Anyhow, I mentioned how tough some of the STANDARD published pre-code is and a week later someone posted a HIGH GRADE copy on ebay.

That issue of WHO IS NEXT ? sold for a very respectable $461.00. Easily the sharpest copy of this one-shot I've seen.

who1a.jpg

I would have paid 600 for a copy that sharp......I can't believe this book is showing up now after having looked for one for years. I paid about 260 for my 3.5-4.0 copy...and was happy to finally find it last month.

Scott

You know the pre-code market is weak when you can get a book this cool for under guide in a Heritage Sig Auction.

Freshly deslabbed 5.5.

weirdmysteries2.jpg

Very sweet looking 5.5, nicely centered! (thumbs u

First time I really noticed those two faces above the "Weird" with most of the attention drawn to the center of the cover.

I'd better get on the ball and post something I guess!

My second favorite cover after BC #50, love the "corpses rising from the grave" themes and the colors on this book are dynamite! Another Northford copy...

BlackCayMystery37CGC9.jpg

Congratulations, WF! While they graded it a f/vf it has a fresh and lively appearance of a much higher graded copy! :applause: