• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

....while i had to thin out a number of pre-code books years ago...some just would not let me say 'good bye' like this little series...

Silicon monsters -- woo-hoo!

Does the story use the "silicon is just like carbon but heavier" stupid chemistry trick? (Anyone have it scanned?) Another expensive one for the want list *CHOKE*.

Lou Cameron imitating Basil Wolverton on the cover?

Nice run!

Jack

70789.jpg

Thanks to P5 for the following Christmas present:

It will look great next to my Phantom Strangers...

Where were you Jon when I needed that issue for my collection? :sumo:

Thankfully I got mine ... but it's not as nice :sorry:

Great present you got there Piper :headbang:

70797.jpg.8f809d99c43378906e5b098131683e35.jpg

The zombie story inside is a masterpiece! I was totally shocked to find it in an ACG! :o Could it be this company has been unfairly overlooked?

ACGs are generally much more tame the competition, both in terms of the art and story themes. They had a large enough output, however, that there are both excellent issues and excellent stories amongst their different titles.

a little pre-code stuff..

70787.jpg

It really doesn't get much better than this gem of an LB Cole cover. It's clearly a redesign of his 50s Suspense 8 -- do you have a copy of that one?

Are the stories as "good" as the covers? :)

It's interesting that all the covers are black.

I believe there are Lou Cameron sci-fi stories in all three and I think any comic with a Cameron story is worthwhile.

70787.jpg

It really doesn't get much better than this gem of an LB Cole cover. It's clearly a redesign of his 50s Suspense 8 -- do you have a copy of that one?

...and here, perhaps, is the modern redesign of Cole's classic cover:

3142809392_c12f3bb214_o.jpg

70787.jpg

...and here, perhaps, is the modern redesign of Cole's classic cover:

3142809392_c12f3bb214_o.jpg

That certainly could be a tribute but it's different enough (and there were other spider-themed pre-code covers) that it's a question best answered by Kaluta.