• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

I never paid attention to it but that's a terrific Moreira cover!

Sort of like a Pre-Code Marvel Picture frame by DC. Love the composition & colors!

Untitled-8.jpg

I thought you might like that one! Moreira is so under appreciated, which is sad because he is REALLY good.
He is always good but the inks and spotting of blacks on that cover are superb. The b&w art would be so much better than the printed cover with it's coloring.

You're going to have some fun reading with the Superiors and Ajax's you picked up. (thumbs u

I have wanted to pick up this series for a long time, but never did. I really like this one, so I guess I have to get the other 3 now :)

Untitled-7.jpg

I've been trying to get my hands on one of these for the last year. No luck yet. I love the Black Magic books...the Kirby/Simon team had a unique take on the preCode horror craze!

Congrats on the great looking stack of books! I recently picked up Strange Mysteries 8,9, 10 per your recommendation. Awesome run of stories indeed!

I thought you might like that one! Moreira is so under appreciated, which is sad because he is REALLY good.
He is always good but the inks and spotting of blacks on that cover are superb. The b&w art would be so much better than the printed cover with it's coloring.

You're going to have some fun reading with the Superiors and Ajax's you picked up. (thumbs u

I agree that is an exceptional example of black & white spotting, almost tothish in it's perfection. I do really like those colors though :D

forgot to add, I read the One Haunted Thrills on the plane on the way home & had a hard time not laughing out loud at the "Spider Woman" story!

Edited by shiverbones

I have wanted to pick up this series for a long time, but never did. I really like this one, so I guess I have to get the other 3 now :)

Untitled-7.jpg

I've been trying to get my hands on one of these for the last year. No luck yet. I love the Black Magic books...the Kirby/Simon team had a unique take on the preCode horror craze!

Congrats on the great looking stack of books! I recently picked up Strange Mysteries 8,9, 10 per your recommendation. Awesome run of stories indeed!

Thanks Christian! Glad you liked the Strange Mysteries! The "dreams" #2 is a Gerber 7, bvut I am not sure if that is accurate or not, I know it seems to come up less than #1 or 4, but seems about the same as #3 to me. I agree, it's a WEIRD take on the genre, and one I didn't like at first, but now I really have grown to love them.