• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,266 posts in this topic

Not sure but the barber's face has an Everett look to it...even though it's a DC 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not Everett.

Just picked these two up:

The later police comics have been on my wantlist for ages but they never seem to pop up above fine. This one was listed in Microbias store fr quite a long time. I finally made an offer and he accepted.

police109.jpg

RADFF2782007117_152243.jpg

Just picked these two up:

The later police comics have been on my wantlist for ages but they never seem to pop up above fine. This one was listed in Microbias store fr quite a long time. I finally made an offer and he accepted.

police109.jpg

I especially like the Reed Crandall cover on this puppy! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I have put these in a couple of other threads...but thought I would make my first contributions ever to this thread. Picked these up the past couple of days.

Scott

1643075-SUSPENSE14.jpg

That a gorgeous F/VF! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks alot Adam...I can't wait to have it in hand and see why it got the 7.0.....it looks alot tighter from the scan.....might be a possible re-sub? Here's hoping......in either case it is still the highest graded copy....

Scott

I remember when Lee auctioned off the PAs -- knockout gloss and pages. Highest grade copy on these cheaper books doesn't always indicate scarcity in grade -- I think you'll see a very slow filling out of the census as long as the books remain cheap.

Son of a.....that CS is from Lee's Comics, isn't it? I had that on my watchlist and was about to pull the trigger when someone BINed it! 893censored-thumb.gif

Nice snag. Serves me right for not being quicker. He who hesitates mast....er, you know the saying.

Cool book Jayman! I've never seen that one before. The skeletons look similar to some of the Story covers, Mysterious Adventures and Dark Mysteries.

As I said the cover grew on me. The girl is very nicely rendered but in the past I've stated how that one skeleton reminded me of Stan Laurel! insane.gif

1417456-Stan-Skull.gif

Yikes! 893whatthe.gif Yes it was, I thought it was a great price and nabbed it quick. Slightly mis-cut but presents well I think.

Hurry up and upgrade so you can sell me that one. poke2.gif

Oh you do pretty well without my help!!! stooges.gif

I love the logo used for "the TORMENTED"...

I also like the hat that the witch is wearing. It's like a sorcerers hat....

I think a magician wears one on the cover to a later issue of THE THING (Ditko cover, # 17 ? )....

anyway, I like that cover too. I've never seen one in such nice shape....those horror comics were read to shreds.