• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,284 posts in this topic

Another is the Weird Mysteries #2. When I got my first copy (from Ted Van Liew) about 20 years ago I was aghast, as I'd been a GA and SA collector for years but had never seen it. the #2 is a classic cover that doesn't seem to get the props it deserves these days. Even VG-F is really tough to find for the #2

I love WM #2. One of my favorites without a doubt. Here is my copy, which was graded a 7.5 OW. The back is as clean as the front...and those scuffs midway along the spine are on the case. I meant to call for notes, but never got around to it. If all 7.5's looked like this, I would never look for a higher grade. I honestly cannot see which defects are holding it back....so it must be something on the interior.

WeirdMysteries22.jpg

Gorgeous! A gallery of Bailey's best couldn't be bettered when it comes to pre-cod horror. :headbang:

Another is the Weird Mysteries #2. When I got my first copy (from Ted Van Liew) about 20 years ago I was aghast, as I'd been a GA and SA collector for years but had never seen it. the #2 is a classic cover that doesn't seem to get the props it deserves these days. Even VG-F is really tough to find for the #2

I love WM #2. One of my favorites without a doubt. Here is my copy, which was graded a 7.5 OW. The back is as clean as the front...and those scuffs midway along the spine are on the case. I meant to call for notes, but never got around to it. If all 7.5's looked like this, I would never look for a higher grade. I honestly cannot see which defects are holding it back....so it must be something on the interior.

WeirdMysteries22.jpg

Gorgeous! A gallery of Bailey's best couldn't be bettered when it comes to pre-cod horror. :headbang:

Bailey's best IMO..and I think Wolverton's Robot Woman story is his very best as well Overall this is one of the strongest single horror books out there! Wish I still had my copy.

WeirdMysteries22.jpg

One of the nicest copies of that book I've seen...I've never managed to get one better than 5.0. A friend once owned the White Mountain, and yours might be a tad nicer if I recall correctly. Nice book!

WeirdMysteries22.jpg

One of the nicest copies of that book I've seen...I've never managed to get one better than 5.0. A friend once owned the White Mountain, and yours might be a tad nicer if I recall correctly. Nice book!

Added to my want list...

Edited by Twistty1

Here's my WM 3. IMHO, this book does not get the respect it deserves as a classic cover. I'm quite proud of this copy as it has astonishing gloss and high grade! So I'll show it off!

Very nice... A lot nicer than the 5.0 presently up on ebay.

Edited by Twistty1

I love WM #2. One of my favorites without a doubt.

I also love WM #2. All-time great Baily cover. The thing that seals the deal for me is the coloring. I just love the green and purple used for this cover. For my money, Weird Mysteries had the best Pre-Code title logo.

Here's my WM 3. IMHO, this book does not get the respect it deserves as a classic cover. I'm quite proud of this copy as it has astonishing gloss and high grade! So I'll show it off!

This is a tough book in high grade. WM #1 and #2 are available in mid to high grade, but a nice #3 seems to be a lot harder to find.

Nice pickup. (thumbs u

Recent find Unerworld Crime 7 hot poker cover
It's an acetylene torch :gossip:

I love that cover too...the ghost of the murdered man is going to haunt you with his own head. I am about to send my copy to CGC to get graded!