• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,253 posts in this topic

The movie has some good atmosphere, but it is pretty boring. But Edgar Ulmer did make some great movies in the thirties and forties(The Black Cat, Detour and Bluebeard).

If I remember right, I almost bought that MM...where'd you find it Cheetah?

It was for sale from a reputable dealer. I thought about getting it myself. I'd bet those pages are really OW/W or White! Really nice pickup Jeff!

Well, at least one good thing came out of my last nightmare submission...

f2mqzn.jpg

..... I remember that one...... white for sure and gloss like a new book. A very solid 8.5 .... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo9( a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

Well, at least one good thing came out of my last nightmare submission...

f2mqzn.jpg

..... I remember that one...... white for sure and gloss like a new book. A very solid 8.5 .... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo9( a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Nice book. Looks tired though. Maybe the trip from Florida caused it to lie down and take a nap.

9261288355_1a4ff6c034_c.jpg

For you horror movie fans, every year there is a re-enactment of the scene where the Blob invades a movie theater. Schedule is posted above. Phoenixville has some good restaurants and other hangouts downtown. Fun for all of you small town fans or a nice end to an intimate weekend with your girl friend in nearby Amish country. :gossip:

Edited by BB-Gun

Very cool BB! I was just in Pottstown, PA for the 4th! I don't think that's too far away.

Yes, Pottstown is very close to Phoenixville. Just go south on rte 100 to Ridge Rd (left) or take 724 into Phoenixville (5-10 miles). :headbang: But don't pick up any strangers with their arm wrapped up in a towel or old jacket.

Very cool BB! I was just in Pottstown, PA for the 4th! I don't think that's too far away.

Yes, Pottstown is very close to Phoenixville. Just go south on rte 100 to Ridge Rd (left) or take 724 into Phoenixville (5-10 miles). :headbang: But don't pick up any strangers with their arm wrapped up in a towel or old jacket.

...... and don't go North..... or you'll end up in Blue Ball where they make you work seven days a week................ GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...... and don't go North..... or you'll end up in Blue Ball where they make you work seven days a week................ GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thought so BB. I visited my Aunt (me and 40 of my family members!) and I know they used to live in Phoenixville.

Jimbo: Wise words! I'm not up to working when Yuengling is around! ;)

Due to the continuous rising costs/shrinking supply of of pretty much ever GA book I'm after from the 1939/1940 period, I recently started picking up some pre-code books.

I'm taking it slow, but hard to resist so many cool books within an affordable price range!

IMG_0626_zps9b0c91de.jpg

Inside the ASTONISHING is a GREAT Everett story... it has a nice three panel wordless sequence, similar to his Venus stories of this period...

IMG_0631_zpsbfd77f4f.jpg