• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,263 posts in this topic

nice to see so mant great books?

That title logo on Phantom witch doctor was just TOO tempting for writing I guess. Almost ever copy I see has a name or something else written in that white part of the logo.

'Bones!

You're finished doing your bit for the petroleum industry's 2008 record profits?

Finally done "Threatenin' t' go down t' N'Orleans-uh 'N get [you]self lost 'n fo-o-o-und" as Captain Beefheart put it?

Jack

I thought this would be an interesting before code and after code comparison. Before the code this complementary copy of Another World #2 had gruesome monsters with shiny teeth on the cover and after we only see an eye focused on the victims and a couple of arms. Like Hitchcock movies, the suspense is not due to what is seen but what is anticipated.

bb

2649970298_35e7468212_b.jpg

2649970482_4d5304e299_b.jpg

Yeah they had to become more creative with the code constraints (which is a good thing) but I still love the freedom they had to nauseate the public with covers like this :cloud9::

StrangeTales14.jpg

This copy of Dark Mysteries #10 came during the weekend. It is not the greatest copy out there. It is pretty beat up and the cover is detached. I probably paid too much for it but I could really care a less. :screwy:

I already read it and it has a great story about a woman that was taken in by cannibals. A guy gets lost in the jungle and she finds him and they fall in love and he takes her back to the city where they get married. She then begins sneaking out of the house and feeding on people after she kills them. He finds out about her killing and tells her that she needs to stop and then she starts claiming she is having accidents in the house when she is actually feeding on herself. Needless to say in the end she ends up dying with a full stomach. :devil: (thumbs u

darkmysteries10qf7.jpg

Great story -- and a cool cover!

Ghost Rider mixed cowboys with Zombies and Witches. They also added a few pure horror stories. Occasionally the horror was more theatrical and sometimes the ghosts were real. Other westerns tended to go a little on the wild side too.

bb

2650668845_bbe9d56956_b.jpg

2650669019_f48537cea1_b.jpg

nice to see so mant great books?

That title logo on Phantom witch doctor was just TOO tempting for writing I guess. Almost ever copy I see has a name or something else written in that white part of the logo.

'Bones!

You're finished doing your bit for the petroleum industry's 2008 record profits?

Finally done "Threatenin' t' go down t' N'Orleans-uh 'N get [you]self lost 'n fo-o-o-und" as Captain Beefheart put it?

Jack

ah the good cap'n!

Well, NOW I am done, since arriving in NOLA I was then in Mobile to see Tom Waits, and THEN I just got back from Atlanta today where I was helping a Buck Biggins & Silver & Bronze at the Gift show. I did fly to Atlanta, but that's still gas right? :P

I sit still until Late Spet. now!! Woo-Hoo!

FANTASTIC dark Mysteries, I have Never been able to land that issue! :applause:

The story "Shock Treatment" is one of my favorite Ayers stories! :applause:

(worship)

And a very respectably appearing copy it is! :applause:

:whistle: ....................................... :banana:

Not trying to over critique this cover but I was always confused on what's going on.

Is that the vampire in the coffin and a ghost bat or is that a victim in the coffin that the vampire bat just fed from and is flying away. Does the vampire killer see the bat?

Either way I love the colors, and on this copy they are especially nice!