• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

I am very pleased with today's new arrival compliments of Mio :banana:

talesofthecrypt32jpg.jpg

need to check this thread more often; WONDERFUL looking book pons.

Thanks Billy. It presents like a high grade. The book is miswrapped, no spine roll.

I recently commissioned another Pre-code Cover recreation to Josh and this time I chose Mister Mystery #16. The piece arrived today and Josh totally made it his own. During the shipping the piece was damaged by the post office. :frustrated: The piece received two creases widthwise. I emailed Josh and told him about it and he said he would make it right by making me another piece. Josh is definitely a stand up guy. I never expected him to make a new color piece for me so he is definitely going above and beyond considering the damage was only partially his fault. (thumbs u

MisterMystery16Recreation.jpg

I recently commissioned another Pre-code Cover recreation to Josh and this time I chose Mister Mystery #16. The piece arrived today and Josh totally made it his own. During the shipping the piece was damaged by the post office. :frustrated: The piece received two creases widthwise. I emailed Josh and told him about it and he said he would make it right by making me another piece. Josh is definitely a stand up guy. I never expected him to make a new color piece for me so he is definitely going above and beyond considering the damage was only partially his fault. (thumbs u

I agree.....very, very cool re-creation. If you ask me though, the mummy has the wrong idea wrapping her up...shouldn't he be unwrapping her???

Dumb-azz mummy!

Sweet commission. :headbang:

Thanks guys. I definitely like the PCH cover recreations that I have gotten. Do any of you have any suggestions of what cover I should go with next? I was thinking of maybe one with a vampire or a werewolf since I already have a zombie and this mummy. Of course it has to also have a girl in it since that is definitely Josh's specialty. :)

lol good point! Cool piece of art! That Mr. Mystery issue was one of the first pre codes I bought many years ago.

The sad thing is I still don't have a copy of that book yet. Whenever a copy comes around I have been tight on cash so I am still looking for a copy. :)

Thanks guys. I definitely like the PCH cover recreations that I have gotten. Do any of you have any suggestions of what cover I should go with next? I was thinking of maybe one with a vampire or a werewolf since I already have a zombie and this mummy. Of course it has to also have a girl in it since that is definitely Josh's specialty. :)

lol good point! Cool piece of art! That Mr. Mystery issue was one of the first pre codes I bought many years ago.

The sad thing is I still don't have a copy of that book yet. Whenever a copy comes around I have been tight on cash so I am still looking for a copy. :)

I would look to recreate some of the great Atlas horror covers..MENACE had some great covers....or maybe some of the classic VENUS covers. I would like to see Josh's take on the goddess of luv!

Bill

Edited by AtlasFan

Thanks for the suggestion, Bill. I had completely forgotten about Venus since I don't own any of them but I think Venus #19 definitely has potential to be a recreation. Any other suggestions? It will probably be a while before I have another recreation done but you never know. :)

Thanks for the suggestion, Bill. I had completely forgotten about Venus since I don't own any of them but I think Venus #19 definitely has potential to be a recreation. Any other suggestions? It will probably be a while before I have another recreation done but you never know. :)

No brainer.......Venus 19.

Do it....you know you want to.

The commission will have to wait awhile or at least until the payment from the sale of Crime Suspenstories #22 arrives. :D

I would have asked Josh to do it for the free piece that he said he would do for the mishap but I already asked him for an April O'neal piece which he sounded excited about doing since he has not done any pieces based on her. :)

Really cool!!