• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Nice-looking book despite the missing chunk.

- Yes, the rest of the book is an Off White FN with great eye appeal. The only cover art missing is black foreground stuff.

I don't think it's a bad cover, and in fact the colors are really quite striking, but it's very tame for precode horror, even for DC at that time.

No musings on the colors of comic-book ghosts, eh?

The weirdest details catch my eye.

Jack

Thanks! It really is truly repulsive when you focus on the veins sticking out of the gaping wound in his chest! :sick:

Awesome. Definitely one of the classic PCH books! :headbang:

Still paying for this.. (Thanks for sending it so quick Billy!)

So much more beautiful with it's subtle color than I would have expected.

3343080010_4e5f68bc71_o.jpg

I don't suppose it's the San Francisco copy....

Jack

left my heart AND sense of humor there?

These aren't recent purchases, I've had them for a number of years, but I thought I'd post them since their condition is very nice. Ditko covers of Charlton's THE THING [including his first cover ever, #12]

Thing12.jpg

Thing13.jpg

Thing14.jpg

Thing15.jpg

Thing17.jpg

These aren't recent purchases, I've had them for a number of years, but I thought I'd post them since their condition is very nice. Ditko covers of Charlton's THE THING [including his first cover ever, #12]

Thing12.jpg

Thing13.jpg

Thing14.jpg

Thing15.jpg

Thing17.jpg

Great looking books. (worship) (thumbs u

Thanks for the kudos. It took quite a few years of looking to find them all in nice condition. All but the #13 were picked up before I had a computer, at conventions I attended

Tony D..

And what a consolation prize it is! :applause:

Always loved the corpse on that cover as it appears the alligators chewed off his feet but he still peg-legs it over to the zoo keeper to get his revenge! (thumbs u

Just won this book - my first White Mountain!

Vault21Fcgc.jpg

I lost my ComicConnect bids... this is some consulation prize!

Great pickup.:applause: These past 2 weeks Heritage had some great high grade pre-code horror in their Sunday Internet Auctions. Most books sold below guide.

Just won this book - my first White Mountain!

Vault21Fcgc.jpg

I lost my ComicConnect bids... this is some consulation prize!

Great pickup.:applause: These past 2 weeks Heritage had some great high grade pre-code horror in their Sunday Internet Auctions. Most books sold below guide.

Yes, there were some great deals there. I'm especially happy with this issue as it's the only 8.5 and there are no 9.0s... It's unlikely that I'd be able to afford a 9.2. Caig zombies rule.