• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,258 posts in this topic

The problem is I am computer illiterate and can not figure out how to post the scans.

A big thank you to Adamstrange an ajax-Farrell for all your help. I will post some scans soon. grin.gif

popcorn.gifpopcorn.gifpopcorn.gif

Edited by adamstrange

This thread got pinned! 893applaud-thumb.gif

(For new folks, that means we are positioned as one of the top threads.)

Now you have to post, Slacker! poke2.gif

If you look closely at the pool, he even comes with scrubbing bubbles!

You sure are making up for lost time and it's especially helpful since we've slacking off in posting cool pre-code. Those are all really nice books -- I like the inclusion of those Standard covers -- that Sekowsky is wicked! thumbsup2.gif

cloud9.gifHEQGF-tt8.jpg

Too many cooks spoil the broth!

Great cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's one of the newest additions to my collection, a Haunted Thrills 2 in about 5.0 condition. I'm building a collection of Ajax-Farrell Haunted Thrills (versus the other Ajax titles) in 5.0 - 6.0 because I love many of the covers in the run, particularly #5, 6, 7, 8 and 10. I will probably end up collecting all the Ajax pre-code horror books, but will probably do Voodoo, Fantastic Fears and Strange Fantasy in about 4.0 instead of 5.0 - 6.0. The Fantastic Fears #5 in 6.0 would be more than I'd want to spend, and a Voodoo Annual in anything higher than VG- (same grade as the copy I have) would be tough as hell.

I'm already having trouble finding a few Haunted Thrills issues in higher than 4.0. We'll see how this plays out. If I'm patient, I think I'll be able to do a nice set.

784724-ht2.jpg

784724-ht2.jpg.351a1388dcf3999a95c1aa65d5dd893d.jpg

Edited by paull

Paul, there was a Fantastic Fears #5 that went for less than $50 on eBay not too long ago! 893whatthe.gif

It would have graded "apparent VF" according to seller, as there was an ad cut out that did not hinder the Ditko story..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW - nice pick-up! thumbsup2.gif

Thanks.... I have another one that I'll be posting soon.

I actually bid on that FF #5, but decided to go for a complete copy. I think I'll be able to get a VG copy for about a couple hundred, which isn't that bad.