• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,225 posts in this topic

dangit, got tired of trying to get a higher grade copy.

That's a great book in any grade. Congrats. (thumbs u

Agreed! Hard to even find one at all, congrats!

Not a worry, Mister Mystery #6 is definitely one of the toughest in the run to find! Congrats on yours, Jon. :)

I'm two issues away from having the whole run. Probably calls for a group shot, when I do eventually locate those last two. They're not impossible (one will be super easy to find) -- just a matter of budget. :)

I don't have that one, just 1, 2, 5, 17 and 19.

#7 is a sweet issue. :)

I still need a #2 and a #4. #2 be easy -- tons of those available and around. A #4 has eluded me thus far, but I never thought I'd see a #3 for sale, before getting one in Dale's sales thread a little while ago. Will just have to keep my eyes peeled! :)

I love Matt Fox covers and was fortunate enough to grab a nice copy of my favorite one upon immediately seeing it:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fcgcitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D4279%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D&id=1007857

A classic Matt Fox cover imho.

I love Matt Fox covers and was fortunate enough to grab a nice copy of my favorite one upon immediately seeing it:

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fcgcitems%2Easp%3Fid%3D4279%26FROM%3D%26TO%3D&id=1007857

A classic Matt Fox cover imho.

I saw that in-hand. Very rare in that grade and I'm jealous!! Very nice purchase!!

Thanks - there are plenty of awesome books of yours that makes me jealous! I was really surprised how the book looked in hand. Been looking for a nice copy of this book for some time and the presentation on this one exceeded my expectations. Also wanted a classic "medicine man/witch doctor cover." It seems as if this book is overlooked since focus has been on the other Fox classic covers in the run. They're all incredible covers but this one is my personal favorite.

Thanks - there are plenty of awesome books of yours that makes me jealous! I was really surprised how the book looked in hand. Been looking for a nice copy of this book for some time and the presentation on this one exceeded my expectations. Also wanted a classic "medicine man/witch doctor cover." It seems as if this book is overlooked since focus has been on the other Fox classic covers in the run. They're all incredible covers but this one is my personal favorite.

I am guilty of overlooking it, :sorry: because generally all I ever see are real beat copies. I've never seen one even close to the one you just got. Rare in that grade, without a doubt. It really is a great run to collect.

Agreed- I was starting to wonder if any high grade copies existed or if someone was just holding onto them. I haven't seen any pedigree copies of this book- perhaps there is one out there?

Interestingly, another reason for this book being overlooked may have to do with references made to Fox having only done 3 covers in the run. If my memory serves me correctly, Overstreet attributes 3 books to Fox in the run.

There's a Northford and a Church copy of Chilling Tales 14.

It's a cool book with a red cover.

There's a Northford and a Church copy of Chilling Tales 14.

It's a cool book with a red cover.

If they are red I know whose collection they are in....!

Perhaps one of them... :shy: