• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

and this book came out of an estate collection being blown out at the Calgary Expo. Fantastic Thor picked it up then quickly flipped it to me. I have been after one for 2 years. Every copy that sold at auction over that time I seemed to come in second on so I am very grateful he sold it to me:

HauntedThrills5_zpsde66d22f.jpg

This book I saw at the Calgary show and I wanted it but I bought several others instead. I told the seller boardie Mikephoen that I would buy it at this year's Calgary Expo. I am very happy to be one more step closer to the completion of this run.

PlanetComicsCGC75_zps8f8199db.jpg

and this book came out of an estate collection being blown out at the Calgary Expo. Fantastic Thor picked it up then quickly flipped it to me. I have been after one for 2 years. Every copy that sold at auction over that time I seemed to come in second on so I am very grateful he sold it to me:

HauntedThrills5_zpsde66d22f.jpg

Absolutely wonderful! Congratulations! (worship)

Wow! Nice haul! (worship)

That Haunted Thrills is a book I passed on years ago that I wish I didn't and the CoC 23 always will hold a special place in my heart as it was my first HG Precode I ever bought! :cloud9:

PS: that Planet ain't too shabby either!

Great pics of great books, congrats! I love the Haunted Thrills run, and have a copy of that one, albeit in lower grade. Same with the COC 23, which is a classic cover, yet remains relatively unappreciated, probably because it's a little more available. It's almost (just not quite) in the same league as BCM #50, IMO. :)

Great pics of great books, congrats! I love the Haunted Thrills run, and have a copy of that one, albeit in lower grade. Same with the COC 23, which is a classic cover, yet remains relatively unappreciated, probably because it's a little more available. It's almost (just not quite) in the same league as BCM #50, IMO. :)

agreed!

I also obtained this copy of the hard to find Planet Comics #1 Canadian edition

PlanetComics1CANADIAN_zpsd0d67204.jpg

Thought I would show this off here as well. It may not be in the best condition, but it does have a Gerber Scarcity Index of 8 (11-20 copies exist)

bltbr-2014-069.jpg

Here's a new one for me
Bloody surrealism! It's horror & high culture! :applause:

Dumped off 1000 unsellable 90's Image, valiant and other assorted overproduced junk I paid a penny for each in bulk at the LCS for store credit and snagged this :)

<a  href=CRIMESUSPENSTORIES-15.jpg' alt='CRIMESUS

Edited by Lonzilla

Dumped off 1000 unsellable 90's Image, valiant and other assorted overproduced junk I paid a penny for each in bulk at the LCS for store credit and snagged this :)

<a  href=CRIMESUSPENSTORIES-15.jpg' alt='CRIMESUS

well done