• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

Wow! I missed that. He's right, I meant to painted cover.

Thanks Mr. Scrooge!

:gossip: He was asking about the other cover, the painted one.

Btw, I should have somewhere a file with the corresponding paperback title and from there it should / may be possible to trace who painted this. Don't have the file here though.

So this was a paperback? Thanks for looking it up!

Thanks Mr. Scrooge!

Btw, I should have somewhere a file with the corresponding paperback title and from there it should / may be possible to trace who painted this. Don't have the file here though.

So this was a paperback? Thanks for looking it up!

Thanks Mr. Scrooge!

Oftentimes, Avon comics (with painted covers) had a simultaneous or previous appearance of the same art, on one of their paperbacks. Not sure how often exactly. :)

Well I wasn't sure what was accepted since the title of the thread is recent pre-code purchases but I was seeing pre-code horror material.

30736cc6159e6c319105c8f9bbac549bc62ae726.jpg

26336f661035695c9d29c7fdb27b553d231fd881.jpg

So I just picked these two up recently but posted them on the golden age thread. Actually only one is really golden age and the other is atomic age but I thought maybe people would freak if I posted them here. Solomon Grundy is at least a little scary though?

94b160146e93cbb050996fd8e786dbc64565fd34.jpg

93526f9115663957cf4bcd52dfa47612fab895b2.jpg

Did I destroy the threads purity yet? ???

Well, you kinda did by posting the Congo Bill #6, which is not a pre-code book. Only the first four issues are ;)

But you got some super cool books and you're not afraid to show them, so all is forgiven. :applause:

Well, you kinda did by posting the Congo Bill #6, which is not a pre-code book. Only the first four issues are ;)

But you got some super cool books and you're not afraid to show them, so all is forgiven. :applause:

+1 It's really not that strictly policed, but certainly does tend towards PCH. SciFi (especially with horror elements) is always welcome, generally from 1949-55.

But oh, that Code-Approved Congo Bill is out of place! Neat book, tho. ;)

Arrgh! You're right. So sorry. Not sure how I missed that. I was probably thinking the whole short series was. My bad. :P

Please accept this Matt Baker cover and jungle girl as gifts.

ab1264b178609997c67b0d573c33935cbe0c17c6.jpg

8e7169146097c0b358e2db3972b12b628f9f788b.jpg

I will most definitely take these as gifts.

I'll PM you my shipping info...

:jokealert: