• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

I've never bought any pre-code books, but something about the Mystic covers really appeals to me. The #54 has always been the first one I saw and just had to have, and I've been looking for a nice, affordable copy for the past six months.

My photo doesn't do the book justice, but I have Dale Roberts to thank for this beauty, and for getting Wizard World off to a wonderful start!

IMG_2405_zps3d74bf35.jpg

Great start! Nice Hollingsworth cover! :applause:

I've never bought any pre-code books, but something about the Mystic covers really appeals to me. The #54 has always been the first one I saw and just had to have, and I've been looking for a nice, affordable copy for the past six months.

$36.00 for that copy wasn't all that much money, I think you should have bought it. :)

You know of course that that wasn't a pre-code book?

$36.00 for that copy wasn't all that much money, I think you should have bought it. :)

I tried. lol I wish I would have won, though.

doh!

I meant GA.

doh!

I meant GA.

Strike Two. It's Silver Age. :baiting:

;)

doh!

I meant GA.

;)

:ohnoez:

I just can't get it right. I'll admit I'm not 100% where the cutoff from GA to SA is. I'm not very experienced in books unless it's ASM. lol

doh!

I meant GA.

;)

I just can't get it right. I'll admit I'm not 100% where the cutoff from GA to SA is. I'm not very experienced in books unless it's ASM. lol

Technically, the first Silver Age book came out in the late summer of 1956, in Showcase #4 (cover date, October), with the advent of The Flash.

And to make you feel better in the boner category, I plunked down a Silver dime for a copy that August at the news stand, and later gave most of my comics to my little brother, who promptly did what most little brothers do, and managed to lose them.

doh!

I meant GA.

;)

Just messin with you. The whole 'when did the SA start' debate is always a can of proverbial worms.

Boiling cauldron, skull & crossbones :cloud9:

What's your point? lol

Skulls Skulls Skulls and more Skulls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

174303_zpse3d610b8.jpg

Don't you think you should be over there getting another sales thread off the ground? Quit -footin' around. :makepoint: