• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

I've wondered why PS books are so pricey, given that I would have thought the DC comic distribution network would have dealt them out at the same rate as the Batman and Superman variety, and the same for the Venus, in the Atlas realm.

Superman, and most likely Batman, would have far outsold PS at the time, so there are probably far fewer copies of PS extant. Add to that broader interest in the title than in other short run DC titles of the era ( as PS is still around) and it's not much of a surprise. Prices tend to rise to the point where demand noticeably drops off because of it. Venus may not be any scarcer than other Atlas titles of the era, but it is clearly one of the more popular with Atlas/PCH collectors, as well as Timely/Atlas continuing character collectors. And while my guess is that for many Atlas horror titles, interest drops off when they start costing more than the average PCH book, the Everett Venus books in particular are considered "worth" spending more for.

Very cool! What's funny is that ToT cover in many respects is just as shocking an image as Mister Mystery 12 but never took off in desirability like the MM12 did. Go figure! (shrug)

This isn't a new one, but I was looking at it tonight and don't believe I have ever posted it ... this book really is one of my very favorite horror comics, and the book I chased the hardest after I first saw the cover.

chilling%20tales%2018_zpsbvifntqm.jpg

Very nice!

Hard book to find.

Or is it that the resto in this case does not affect the overall grade of this copy (3.0)? In any event, a great, tough book that I would love to have a copy of! (thumbs u

I have had blue label books that note "small amount of glue on cover". I had a CGC blue label 4.0 Venus 10 as an example that noted that.

I am pretty sure I had a 6.0 with notes stating 2 pieces of tape on interior or something to that effect, let me see if I can dig up a scan.

I have had blue label books that note "small amount of glue on cover". I had a CGC blue label 4.0 Venus 10 as an example that noted that.

I've seen several blue labels that say small amount of glue on cover but never one that says "restoration includes". ?