• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,218 posts in this topic

Beautiful colors! :applause:

CGC noted this one as "Acid in face cover".

Blackcat46tag_zps302b29b4.jpg

Blackcat46_zps6b85ff6a.jpg

It's been a bit since I've posted on the boards, but I got this snazzy little funny book in the mail today. :banana:

Was immediately looking for an another copy once I had some sellers remorse after I sold my 5.0 last year.....

sci1.65a.jpg

It's been a bit since I've posted on the boards, but I got this snazzy little funny book in the mail today. :banana:

Was immediately looking for an another copy once I had some sellers remorse after I sold my 5.0 last year.....

sci1.65a.jpg

:golfclap:

Not too pretty but darn sure happy to have got it today!

Scan05122015161838_001_zpsjltsirqi.jpg

Nice snag! Hardest issue of the run, and one I don't have.

If you ever upgrade, keep me in mind...:wink:

Mine ain't a whole lot better and I'm glad to have one too. Great snag!

It's the only one I've actually held in hand! Maybe it won't take another decade to get an upgrade.

Believe me. I've had mine for over 15 years and never seen better than a vg. I've probably only ever seen two on eBay and one of those was mine when I upgraded about a half grade...

Great Pickup Retro! (thumbs u

Man how long did that take you to make? You have done a great job.

Not to long as I used most of the existing letters to make the title. I break this out every so often to celebrate when a boardie scores a TMIH 3! (thumbs u

What do you think that book's fair market value would be, unslabbed?

Despite the technical grade, that copy looks to have superior eye-appeal ( the image quality makes it a little tough to say 100%). Given the scarcity, if it were mine, I'd probably ask the same amount raw or slabbed. It might sit for a while, but with the crazy prices in an auction setting one sometimes sees for hard to find comics ( in grade or in general), $2000 for a book that one could spend years trying to replace is not unreasonable any more.

It says the grade was knocked down due to tape so it probably does look much better than the grade.

I think if I was interested I'd offer him $1500.00 (he has the make a offer option on) and see what the response is. That all depends if the tape vs better looking book appeals to someone.

Thanks for the informed estimates. I guess I'm priced out of ever getting one.

In the past I've spent up to $250 on each of a few icon-type books, including a Phantom Lady 18, and $250 twelve years ago would = about $375 today.

It's painfully obvious that collecting reader grade copies at affordable prices is now a thing of the past, in many instances.