• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

I've been wanting to upgrade my copy of Haunted Thrills 6 for a good dozen years; tired of seeing a little pile of brittleness accumulate whenever I read the copy I bought back then.

This one has a little piece of tape at the top of the spine, and an apparent color touch which I hadn't noticed until seeing the scan; would those take it out of the Fine category?

34gu7vc.jpg

I don't think that would take it out of fine. Congratulations, I was one of the under bidders.

I've been wanting to upgrade my copy of Haunted Thrills 6 for a good dozen years; tired of seeing a little pile of brittleness accumulate whenever I read the copy I bought back then.

This one has a little piece of tape at the top of the spine, and an apparent color touch which I hadn't noticed until seeing the scan; would those take it out of the Fine category?

34gu7vc.jpg

One of my favorite issues! I love the cover and the interior stories.

Looks like a very nice copy! Where's the ct at?

Good, eh eh, cause if you have to ask, it ain't that noticeable.

Look at the center of the E in Haunted, on the left edge. Looks to be a tiny bit of blue, and I didn't notice it myself on the book; not until looking at the blown up scan when I posted it here.

Look at the center of the E in Haunted, on the left edge. Looks to be a tiny bit of blue, and I didn't notice it myself on the book; not until looking at the blown up scan when I posted it here.

I might be wrong but that looks like a printing error not CT to me.

I ran my finger over it, and didn't feel any roughness; it was as smooth as the rest of the cover, and there is no visual indication on the back of the cover either, perhaps you're right; works for me! ;)

I ran my finger over it, and didn't feel any roughness; it was as smooth as the rest of the cover, and there is no visual indication on the back of the cover either, perhaps you're right; works for me! ;)

I think it has to be used to make the book more visually improved on purpose to be considered ct, doesn't it? I wouldn't think this would be ct.

I think it has to be used to make the book more visually improved on purpose to be considered ct, doesn't it? I wouldn't think this would be ct.

That's not where the color touch mentioned in the auction description resides -- indeed, the blue area in the title logo isn't CT, but just a printing error. Rather, look carefully up and down the spine area -- in hand it might be visible, but not so easily from a scan. From the auction:

Apparent Fine condition with supple off-white to white pages. A few tiny spots of minor, professional color touch middle spine edge and on front cover. Tiny glue reinforcement inside covers at bottom staple. Book was manufactured without a top staple but is secure at the bottom staple (thanks in part to the glue). Tiny piece of clear tape top outer spine over small split.