• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

aui8va.jpg

This is awesome.

The Dark Mysteries is another great pickup. Next to impossible to find in grade.

Agreed! I am surprised that there is not a kitchen sink on this cover as this book has everything a Precode horror collector would want... :cloud9:

aui8va.jpg

This is awesome.

The Dark Mysteries is another great pickup. Next to impossible to find in grade.

Agreed! I am surprised that there is not a kitchen sink on this cover as this book has everything a Precode horror collector would want... :cloud9:

It's true. Is that a random head on a plate, in the background next to the girl's foot? lol

aui8va.jpg

This is awesome.

It's true. Is that a random head on a plate, in the background next to the girl's foot? lol

And that's what apparently makes the notation on the label. And I always thought it was because of the girl about to be decaped! Also check out that creepy statue with the hands and toes? just under the ghosts hand. Weird!

Ps: just noticed there is no hypodermic needle on this cover! So *almost* everything!

Edited by Jayman

I've been wanting to upgrade my copy of Haunted Thrills 6 for a good dozen years; tired of seeing a little pile of brittleness accumulate whenever I read the copy I bought back then.

This one has a little piece of tape at the top of the spine, and an apparent color touch which I hadn't noticed until seeing the scan; would those take it out of the Fine category?

34gu7vc.jpg

One of my favorite issues! I love the cover and the interior stories.

Great book! One of the best Ajax covers.

A pick up today from Bedrock City at the San Diego Comic Con.

e8036d3519d069f99515c0b5bb615ad50f82571c.JPG

A hole filler.

Underappreciated cover imo. How was the pickings for pre code there? Prices crazy?

Edited by retrocomics

Not bad. Crazy prices? That's become the norm. I guess it all depends on what you're looking for.

A Venus #14 in 6.5 for $2600.00 seemed off to me. It's not a rare issue or a classic cover but hey who am I if they can move it at that price.

Recent feebay pick up which now seems like a steal

_57_zpsjuia1wnm.jpg

Sol Brodsky covers, don't command the $$ Everett covers do, that being said Mystery Tales 6 is not one I have seen for sale frequently and it is a solid cover.

Congrats, Retro....... here's a book I've wanted a nice copy of for ages.... trying to decide if I should deslab it. I know the Wolverton story kicks, but I've never seen the others..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

DSCN1453.jpg