• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,225 posts in this topic

Speaking of 'The Thing'... Can anyone enlighten me as to why issue 16 is especially common in nice grade? I assume that there was a warehouse find of multiples of this specific issue at some point?

I had heard that story as well, and it seems to make sense.

It's no more common than any other issue, it's just not as in demand and a lot of higher grade copies have sat unsold on eBay going back at least 18 months reinforcing the perception there are lots of high grade copies that no one wants.

Higher grade copies of #16 on eBay go back as far as I've been trading there (18 years). During the same period, certain other issues of The Thing, notably 5, 12, and 15, hardly ever come up, so I don't feel that commonality is "common" among the run's different issues.

I have heard the warehouse find reason too for Thing 16 which is fine for me since I think it's a great PCH book to own! The fact that you can get a nice HG copy for a decent price is just a bonus. What's scary is that as fifties said; they are still out there after all these years. Would love to know how many were in the warehouse!

Oh, and fifties, when I said "Game over" on the Thing run posted earlier. I mistakenly jumped the gun as I did know you had a complete run as well! (worship)(thumbs u

Also looks like a great candidate for Skeleton Saturday.

That thing......

image.jpg

Speaking of 'The Thing'... Can anyone enlighten me as to why issue 16 is especially common in nice grade? I assume that there was a warehouse find of multiples of this specific issue at some point?

24vig0p.jpg

It was a warehouse find.

Also looks like a great candidate for Skeleton Saturday.

That thing......

image.jpg

Love this book -- the seaweedy eye sockets seal the deal! My copy is a 6.0 too, ex-CGC because years ago when mailed to me, the Post Office did a number on the case (but the book was OK!)

24vig0p.jpg

It was a warehouse find.

For sure warehouse -- pretty darned decent cover, too. One day I'll get a copy but never felt the burning need to, just because it's so prevalent. :) Great stories inside as well!

How dare you skip over "Fearful Friday!" (tsk)

"Frankenstein Friday" is also a possibility hm

"Flaming Friday" was also a consideration, but then again...no. lol

Spook29.jpg

We could try TGIF (thank god it's "Fry" -day) with any cover dealing with the art of burning themes (fire,acid,etc...) even drug related could join "Fry"-day. hm

ada36d8e145f65b69387c4efbc8550fca15690e8.jpg

86326e61dd67f91ac7ebfc52a4c64866581a9f28.jpg