• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,251 posts in this topic

Arrived today...

img266.jpg

.... A little early for you to be shopping for my X-Mas present...... but what can I say :luhv: .....I can hardly wait. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Arrived today...

img266.jpg

.... A little early for you to be shopping for my X-Mas present...... but what can I say :luhv: .....I can hardly wait. GOD BLESS...

Now Jim, if this was for you it'd have White pages. This one only has OW/W. And I know that's totally unacceptable.

Arrived today...

img266.jpg

Now Jim, if this was for you it'd have White pages. This one only has OW/W. And I know that's totally unacceptable.

....it would sure beat the bundle of switches and lump of coal that I usually get (shrug) GOD BLESS....

Arrived today...

img266.jpg

Such a great book! The subject matter (even in death you can't escape evil), the snowy scene, the red cover and Everett artwork to boot makes this a winner. Congrats Danny! :headbang:

...I hate to sound like a broken record, and with the value of that one I totally understand, but that's a prime candidate for release back into the wild...... for a new home in a nice shiny Mylar.... for those particularly superb stories to be able to once again bask in the glory of the world :cloud9: ...... oh, well...... I'm done now. GOD BLESS...

ST289.2_zpsktqdmhgn.jpg

Awesome book. Because of the married cover it leads me to think the cover came from the printer files that Ray Storch bought many years ago. I know he married many books to those un-used covers. Just an incredible find. Anybody else remember those? I bought a bunch from him and still have many.

ST289.2_zpsktqdmhgn.jpg

Awesome book. Because of the married cover it leads me to think the cover came from the printer files that Ray Storch bought many years ago. I know he married many books to those un-used covers. Just an incredible find. Anybody else remember those? I bought a bunch from him and still have many.

Terry had some married Atlas books when he set up at Wizard World Richmond, not sure of the source, but they were very well done..... had he not disclosed, I may not have been able to tell. I've never minded those, as long as a similar grade cover is married to a similar grade interior...... GOD BLESS...

Because of the married cover it leads me to think the cover came from the printer files that Ray Storch bought many years ago. I know he married many books to those un-used covers.

Yup - I spent two hours with Ray, looking through his stock and picked out just 6 books that attracted me (I still have them).

He was up front about the married issue, and the prices were about half of what they'd normally sell for.

The work was indeed well done, though misalignment seems to be fairly common.

That ST 28 looks amazing!

I never understood the stigma with married books.

I say, if they're all original parts, who gives a hoot! :sumo:

I really couldn't agree more, a married cover just doesn't bother me one bit.

Same here. As long as its disclosed, I'm fine with it.

That ST 28 looks amazing!

I never understood the stigma with married books.

I say, if they're all original parts, who gives a hoot! :sumo:

I really couldn't agree more, a married cover just doesn't bother me one bit.

Same here. As long as its disclosed, I'm fine with it.

As long as the aging appears similar between the cover and the pages, and if it's assembled correctly using the original holes in each and the original staples, one shouldn't even be able to tell the difference between married and all original.

I've married a few.