• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

This is my second-ever pre-code horror purchase and also my second comic of this age that has now become detached from its cover. Oh well, at least it only cost me a buck to own and it is 63 years old after all.

w8817q.jpg

2air02c.jpg

35n8rcl.jpg

Looks like a great read!

This is my second-ever pre-code horror purchase and also my second comic of this age that has now become detached from its cover. Oh well, at least it only cost me a buck to own and it is 63 years old after all.

w8817q.jpg

What you have is a perfect reader, in that you can't depreciate it's condition by handling it (and the price was right!).

ACG's usually have one good tale out of the four, and if you truly like the book, either for it's cover illus or a story, you could consider upgrading to a VG when available. This publisher's fare doesn't get huge coin, as compared to EC's and Atlas's, so they are very affordable.

Edit; I just looked at my copy; "Dunston's Fate" seemed to be the best story IMO.

Edited by fifties

w8817q.jpg

What you have is a perfect reader, in that you can't depreciate it's condition by handling it (and the price was right!).

ACG's usually have one good tale out of the four, and if you truly like the book, either for it's cover illus or a story, you could consider upgrading to a VG when available. This publisher's fare doesn't get huge coin, as compared to EC's and Atlas's, so they are very affordable.

Edit; I just looked at my copy; "Dunston's Fate" seemed to be the best story IMO.

A dollar! Awesome. Those AITU issues were great. Lots of undervalued stories. Congrats!

Beyond 12, highest graded

205ef5u.jpg

Nice one Mr. Ill, the trees and the clouds in the background make an interesting composition on this cover! (thumbs u

I like his lovely sweater and his urgency in getting that grave finished up.

THIS is the way I like to start the weekend, by getting these two (and a couple of others) in the mail:

image.jpg

]

one of Ditko's stranger covers, still great though!! :)

THIS is the way I like to start the weekend, by getting these two (and a couple of others) in the mail:

image.jpg

]

Great cover, difficult one to find in any shape.

Post one if you got one, would love to see what else is out there.

image.jpg

]

Great cover, difficult one to find in any shape.

Post one if you got one, would love to see what else is out there.

I have one, but don't have it scanned. :) Will work on that!