• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,228 posts in this topic

Forgot I bought this one from a fellow boardie. It showed up today with two others and I had to laugh due to being so excited about the other haul that I forgot about these...

2ccoyhh.jpg

Nice one. You're setting a high bar for niceness in the PCH department -- very high indeed!

Thank you sir...have you seen any of my other books? Check the sig below. Highest graded PCH and crime are my main collecting focus. I had a chance to pick up a mid grade Captain America 1 the other day and I passed due to all the amazing pre-codes...I'm starting to think that was a bad idea though...

Oh, I know! Yep, been admiring your books and taste for awhile. :) That is a tough choice though -- one $ for a mid grade Cap 1 would pay for a lot of highgrade PCH, and vice versa. Gotta go with your passion I think, though in this instance it's easy for me to say, as I have and can get the occasional low, mid or highgrade PCH book, whereas Cap 1 isn't in the picture for me. :)

+1

Gabe, you scored big-time,... no need to look back!

If this was my bring-home, I would be waking up in the middle of the night and perusing through all this magnificent haul.

(worship)

2lu6rft.jpg

:takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit:

WTF! I just saw this.....This collection is sick. Sick. Sick! :headbang:

That book is my pick of the bunch, too. Certainly not as expensive as the WTOFs, but that ghoulish Everett cover is one of my favourites, and I never see this book in high grade.

2lu6rft.jpg

:takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit::takeit:

That book is my pick of the bunch, too. Certainly not as expensive as the WTOFs, but that ghoulish Everett cover is one of my favourites, and I never see this book in high grade.

Plus, my favorite pedigree. It's my personal pick of the litter too!

2lu6rft.jpg

I believe Mr. A. Strange has the White Mountain or perhaps just a really nice copy either way (spectacular) and there is a very, very high grade Bethlehem, regardless this is a beautiful book.

Edited by Johnny545

2lu6rft.jpg

I believe Mr. A. Strange has the White Mountain or perhaps just a really nice copy either way (spectacular) and there is a very, very high grade Bethlehem, regardless this is a beautiful book.

It would be cool to see all three of them, side by side! I'm very happy to have a copy -- happens to be low grade tho. :)

2lu6rft.jpg

So there are three high grade pedigree copies, locked away for the foreseeable future in collections, and that's all. Unless there's a Spokane copy knocking about...

2lu6rft.jpg

So there are three high grade pedigree copies, locked away for the foreseeable future in collections, and that's all. Unless there's a Spokane copy knocking about...

There is a Northford too...I am of the opinion there are 3-6 pedigree copies of just about every pre code Atlas (Northford, Bethlehem, River City (for most if not all), White Mountain, Spokane, some Nova Scotia, Crippen, Big Apple, Aurora).

Of course they are rarely for sale so it doesn't matter a whole heck of a lot...

Edited by Johnny545

There's no Spokane I'm aware of. This is the Northford.

Menace1.jpg