• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,284 posts in this topic

Venus 19......all Everett and my second favorite PCH horror cover behind Crime SuspenStories 22. A tough book to find....and I have looked for a very long time. My new favorite.

Scott

CGC 4.0 c/ow pages.

Venus19.3new.jpg

Now that is a cool book. Have you read all of the wonderful Bill Everett stories inside? If you get a chance do yourself a favor. They are great!

Venus 19......all Everett and my second favorite PCH horror cover behind Crime SuspenStories 22. A tough book to find....and I have looked for a very long time. My new favorite.

Scott

CGC 4.0 c/ow pages.

Venus19.3new.jpg

Scott,

Fantastic book buddy! (worship)

For a 4.0 it presents extremely well. That cover is a classic, from the pose of Venus' hand to the ghostly trio in the background.

A true Everett masterpiece and a proud addition to your collection, congrats! :applause:

Everett's best PCH cover no doubt. I have a G/VG I got insanely cheap 10 years ago - I would love to upgrade one day - but I imagine it would not be cheap.

These copies simply never turn up.....which is one reason I had to pay a little more than 3X guide for this one. I have wanted a copy for years and could not be too choosy about condition....I wish it had been cheaper though. Oh well.

Scott

True Crime 3. Not much to say about this classic book that hasn't been said before. Opium dens, addicts, hypodermic needles, and Jack Cole committing some of his best art to paper. Sweet copy.

Scott

TrueCrime3.jpg

Love that book! Such a classic cover. The girl is posed perfect. (worship)

I have to get more Jack Cole. Every time I see his stuff, I like it more and more!

This came in today, Always been a favorite cover of mine, I think the coloring has a lot to do with that... And it cost less then $20 :grin:

1225207732_810372e140_o.jpg

Edited by shiverbones

True Crime 3. Not much to say about this classic book that hasn't been said before. Opium dens, addicts, hypodermic needles, and Jack Cole committing some of his best art to paper. Sweet copy.

Scott

TrueCrime3.jpg

Scott, if you ever want to trade that...

The Pre-CODE horror comics published by STANDARD, I feel, are very under-rated.

Adventures into Darkness, The UNSEEN, WHO is NEXT ?, Out of the Shadows... Copies that you see are almost never above VG.

I suppose the fact that many were printed with lots of black on the cover didn't help.

I had a nice copy of Adventures into Darkness no. 6 and parted with it thinking I could replace it one day. That was at least five years ago and I've never seen another decent copy.

Edited by ajaxfarrell

Scott

CGC 4.0 c/ow pages.

Now that is a cool book. Have you read all of the wonderful Bill Everett stories inside? If you get a chance do yourself a favor. They are great!

What he said -- doubled and with a cherry on top!