• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, goldust40 said:

It is, according to the census. Was lucky to pick it up (obviously!).

No kidding! 

I found it on HA. Knowing what you paid in 2012....that's an incredible possible return on your investment haha

1 hour ago, originalisbest said:

Haunted Thrills #6 is such a great book. The prices realized recently confirm my feelings.Haunted-Thrills_6_Front.thumb.jpg.605a949ef5485a2ccec1f649c4bf28a0.jpg

Great cover but one I don't have and probably will never own. Can't see paying in the thousands for the book.

34 minutes ago, Hap Hazard said:

I'm not complaining, maybe a little, Prices on Pre-Code now is all relative. I've purchased most of my books 90% of the EC run and many Horror keys back in the 90's and early 2000's. I just personally wouldn't pay that money doesn't mean they aren't worth it.

I purchased Blackcat Mystery at my first con in 1976 and yes it wasn't alot.

black cat mystery50 001.jpg

Oh man, I traded about 5 pre code horror books and some cash to get my copy last year 

Just now, Mak420 said:

Thanks! Since I was 16 I remember wishing I could get one here it is.

A611A686-F1EE-44BB-BB93-73811DDD81BB.jpeg

Great copy to have! I remember feeling the same about wanting a copy of Crypt of Terror #17 when I was 14. I had just learned about EC and precode horror generally, and was all in -- wasn't until I was in my 30's that I did finally get a Crypt #17. :)