• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA PEP 17 Scarce, Fiction House, DC, Nedor, Baker, Fox, GGA Tec 196 added

165 posts in this topic

Military Comics #5, from 1941.Great classic cover! The Sniper begins, and there is a Miss America story. There is a small piece of tape sealing a tear at the top of the spine. Great colors,some tanning inside the covers, but nothing seems brittle, pages are off-white to cream. Crease on the front and on the back. Small corner off the back cover.

Grade is VG/f ( 5.0) but a very nicely

presenting VG/F. $275.00 $260 $240

militarycomics5_0001-Copy.jpg

militarycomics5_0002.jpg

Mystery Comics #1 (all three listed, have Schomburg covers)

Nice color, staple has rust and the centerfold is detached. Pages are close to white. Small piece off the back. Grade is Gd/VG

(3.0) Bin is $225. Sold to Eddy707

mysterycomics1_0001.jpg

mysterycomics1_0002.jpg

Mystery Comics #2 (Schomburg cover) the front cover is nice complete with bondage and Nazis, the back cover is 2/3 missing...and there are some small chews on the bottom corner.

The book is a really nice Fair, since there is not a fair plus;) but hard to find. Bin is $75 $70 Sold to Selegue

mysterycomics2_0001.jpg

mysterycomics2_0002.jpg

Mystery Comics #3, Robot (Schomburg cover). This book is kind of scarce. Nice color on the front, creases and there is a 3" tear on the back that has been sealed with a piece of what I think is archival tape and there is some more tape inside the spine along with some glue. Looks like one staple is attached, the other one glued. The pages are off white and supple.

Grade is Apparent Gd/VG (3.0) with slight A, $110.00 SOld to Pwog

mysterycomics3_0001.jpg

mysterycomics3_0002.jpg

Police Comics #3, Nice looking book, with the cover detached. Grade is Good+, (2.5) but it would restore to a much higher grade. Great color on the cover and gloss. Firebrand, The 3rd Phantom Lady, 3rd Plastic Man. Human Bomb Story. These books are really wonderful and of course, since it's from 1941, not easy to find. There are 2 small pieces of tape, one on the front page and one on the

last, covering someone's name.

Bin is $350. $310

police3_0001.jpg

police3_0002.jpg

police3_0003.jpg

police3.jpg

Mystery Comics #3, Robot (Schomburg cover). This book is kind of scarce. Nice color on the front, creases and there is a 3" tear on the back that has been sealed with a piece of what I think is archival tape and there is some more tape inside the spine along with some glue. Looks like one staple is attached, the other one glued. The pages are off white and supple.

Grade is Apparent Gd/VG (3.0) with slight A, $110.00

mysterycomics3_0001.jpg

mysterycomics3_0002.jpg

:takeit:

Last book for tonight, a Nedor...

Schomburg Cover.

Thrilling Comics #12, from 1940 looks like a 7.0 or better, but the bottom staple and the centerfold are detached.

There is a small tear on the centerfold. Some wonderful Stories, Dr Strange, Lady in Red (lots of chemistry stuff;) I'm going to grade this as a 5.0. Bin $300.

$275 Sold

thrilling12_0001.jpg

thrilling12b.jpg

The Woman in Red (not noted in the GCD, but it's there)

chemstuff012.jpg

I was this close to grabbing that one!

:applause:

Thanks. I couldn't resist - robot and my FIRST Schomburg cover! I was really hoping Sharon wouldn't put up anything I was interested in. :whistle: Must...Stay...Off...The...Boards...

Grade is Apparent Gd/VG (3.0) with slight A, $110.00

mysterycomics3_0001.jpg

mysterycomics3_0002.jpg

:takeit:

Sold, thank you:) I'm glad one of you took it:)

I was this close to grabbing that one!

:applause:

Thanks. I couldn't resist - robot and my FIRST Shomburg cover! I was really hoping Sharon wouldn't put up anything I was interested in. :whistle: Must...Stay...Off...The...Boards...

A friend of mine and I were just talking about that cover...

Nice grab!