• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA PEP 17 Scarce, Fiction House, DC, Nedor, Baker, Fox, GGA Tec 196 added

165 posts in this topic

All-Star #10. When they make refrigerator magnets showing the cover, you KNOW it's a classic cover. Great colors:) Cover is split 2" at the top and 4" at the bottom. The top staple was attached, but I detached it while scanning :duh:;)

The inside covers are tanned, the pages are off-white to Cream but very supple ...might just be off-white, I try to be conservative. Tear near Hawkman's wing/ The cover looks nice, but you will have to be careful.

Grade is Good- (1.8) Bin is $290 $260 $220

AllStar10_0001.jpg

AllStar10_0002.jpg

All Star #13, Wonder Woman goes to Venus, saves the women on the planet and is given the gift of Magnetic Hearing. Spectre, Starman, Sandman, Hawkman, Johnny Quick, and Dr Mid-nite also save worlds.

Great cover colors, pages are about white. There is some foxing on the first few. Piece off the back cover.

Grade is Good- (1.8) $218 $190 Sold to Kazoo

AllStar13_0001.jpg

AllStar13_0002.jpg

All Star #49 Great cover colors, cover is attached at the top staple, but barely, cover is about 1/2 split. 1/2 an ad page is missing. Pages are nice, white to off-white, all the stories are complete, pages are supple. Radium story.

Grade is Fair (or fair+ if there was a fair+;) Bin $55

SOLD to Selegue:)

AllStar49_0001.jpg

goldenchemetc010.jpg

Amazing Mystery Funnies Vol2 #9, Sept 1939, Centaur. Great cover colors. Fantom of the Fair. There is white tape on the backcover spine and glue? on the front of the spine, there may be color touch over the glue on the top, no staining inside the cover. It might be tape stains, but to be safe, I'm going to call it restored. Grade is apparent Gd/VG, pages are white to off-white and supple.

This is a book that is not easy to find. Bin for this is $275.

Sold to Eddy707

amazingmysteryfunnies9_0001.jpg

amazingmysteryfunnies9_0002.jpg

I love your discriptions of each book's grade etc. It's like you're describing a old friend.

She is. These books are awesome but flawed. Sharon bought them knowing that...and yet the flaws are what make books like this special. They were loved, many, many years ago but they remain.

Sharon's sales thread drive me crazy!

Chris.

I love your discriptions of each book's grade etc. It's like you're describing a old friend.

Thanks:) I have the books because I love them:) and I want people to know about them:)

Axis as in War covers? Tomorrow, probably not tonight.

She is. These books are awesome but flawed. Sharon bought them knowing that...and yet the flaws are what make books like this special. They were loved, many, many years ago but they remain.

Sharon's sales thread drive me crazy!

Chris.

Awww...that is so nice of you to say, Chris:) You are right...I never minded flaws, I always wanted the ones I could read. I really could have had less books all in higher grades, but these are more historical to me...they were toys for kids:)

If you are following Arrow on TV, this is a Key:)

Batman #59, Spaceship cover, Joker appearance.FIRST DEADSHOT . Pages are off-white to cream, there is some glue on the spine and some spine splits, pages are splitting at the top and bottom through a few wraps. About 1/2 an inch at the top, less at the bottom. Looks like a few small tape stains,

I think the tape is gone. The book is very readable,pages seem supple. Grade is apparant gd/vg (3.0)

there is a worse looking one on eBay for $695;) Bin is $175

Sold to PWOG

batman59_0001.jpg

batman59_0002.jpg

Sharon you have an amazing collection of books for sale. I can't even imagine "the keepers" you have tucked away. (worship)

Thanks, Paul...it takes me forever to decide which ones I can part with and takes way too long for me to list them

which is why I can't finish tonight, lol:)

Are you funding something cool from these? Or just freeing up some space? I don't mind beater books either! What's the most memorable or interesting "flaw" you've encountered? I have a bunch of cover only goldens. I love the idea that someone thought to at least keep the cover of the book. Did people ever take off covers and pin them to their walls?

If you like GGA, you will love Fiction House, I took two inside pictures so you could see the art:)

Fight Comics #41, Fiction House 1945. Senorita Rita,Tiger Girl.Great colors...nice pages about white and supple. There is a rusty staple. It's a nice book, missing a small corner and the staple is rusty.

Conservatively the grade is at least a VG- (3.5) bin is $90.00

SOLD to comickid84

fight41_0001.jpg

fight41_0002.jpg

goldenchemetc014.jpg

goldenchemetc016.jpg