• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2013 - August 22nd to 25th in Toronto, Canada

152 posts in this topic

My store the Comic Book Lounge + Gallery has once again been approved as a facilitator for Fan Expo. We'll be handling some SS requests at the event though our booths on-site for our regular customers and some walk-ups. See our post in the events thread or contact me privately re: availability of guests for SS requests. At this time we are not accepting requests for Todd McFarlane.

Desert Wind. great people to work with. little slow on the email but they get the stuff done.

What would you rather have?? Great books or great e-mails? lol

Thanks for the prop Boats, but honestly DWC will be taking care of all submissions at the show. Look for us in the Stan Lee signing area. If it is commercial time then here we go.. DWC has more experience and has handled more books for more customers then anyone else in the world. That is a fact...

Ok commercial over.

Honestly guys, use whoever you are most comfortable with. Everyone facilitating are good folks and we all do our best for you. We look forward to working with everyone up in the great white north. See you all there!

Desert Wind. great people to work with. little slow on the email but they get the stuff done.

What would you rather have?? Great books or great e-mails? lol

Thanks for the prop Boats, but honestly DWC will be taking care of all submissions at the show. Look for us in the Stan Lee signing area. If it is commercial time then here we go.. DWC has more experience and has handled more books for more customers then anyone else in the world. That is a fact...

Ok commercial over.

Honestly guys, use whoever you are most comfortable with. Everyone facilitating are good folks and we all do our best for you. We look forward to working with everyone up in the great white north. See you all there!

All in good fun. We all use each other's services at various conventions.

The commercial did make me lol

Experience with SS

1) Kevin Boyd - Comic Book Lounge

2) Carlos Camara - Gotham Central Comics

And a distant 3) Desert Wind Comics

Experience with FanExpo I'm afraid Desert Wind does not even make the top 20. ;)

# of books submitted

1) Gotham Central Comics

2) Desert Wind Comics

3) Comic Book Lounge - I don't have numbers here, only conversations with Kevin.

:news: Now THOSE are the FACTS. (thumbs u

Like I said it is all in good fun. Your books will be taken care of by any of these 3 at FanExpo no problem.

I don't go to every con on the circuit any more, I only do a few shows a year, but I have been doing SS for 12 years (and many of you would recognize me from the years I ran the service for CGC at their booth as the SS Director from 2005-2010).

But honestly... these other guys want your business, and they hustle for it. I'm just offering a service for a couple of select shows like Fan Expo (a show for which I used to be a comics coordinator but left to devote more attention to my comic shop)... but our success rates are quite high (in getting sigs and in maintaining grades) --- I just don't want to deal with the volume they do - I'd need a lot more Migraine Strength Advil.

Kevin just as a side note. You are welcome to come over to DWC anytime. lol Your service in the signature series community is without question, top notch. DWC would be proud to have you as a team member. And we supply the Advil!

Now regarding Jeff's statement about Fan Expo, my question to Jeff would be what makes getting books signed at Fan Expo any different then any other show such as San Diego, New York, Baltimore, MegaCon, etc.? And I didn't realize that getting over 50,000 books signed in the past doesn't count towards having the ability to do the job at Fan Expo. Now there is the REAL commercial.

Ultimately the customer just wants to know that their books will be taken care of. Carlos, Kevin and DWC all do the job. Just leave it at that.

Kevin just as a side note. You are welcome to come over to DWC anytime. lol Your service in the signature series community is without question, top notch. DWC would be proud to have you as a team member. And we supply the Advil!

Now regarding Jeff's statement about Fan Expo, my question to Jeff would be what makes getting books signed at Fan Expo any different then any other show such as San Diego, New York, Baltimore, MegaCon, etc.? And I didn't realize that getting over 50,000 books signed in the past doesn't count towards having the ability to do the job at Fan Expo. Now there is the REAL commercial.

Ultimately the customer just wants to know that their books will be taken care of. Carlos, Kevin and DWC all do the job. Just leave it at that.

I never made a claim that you didn't have the ability to get books signed at FanExpo.

The difference at FanExpo for us is it's our hometown show. We boast the largest SS staff at the event as well as the a dedicated section of our booths. This year we are expanding much like FanExpo to have a presence in the celebrity area as well as the main show floor.

I agreed in prior posts that all 3 facilitators are more than capable. :)

There was just a little correction to the experience and volume claim. :baiting:

All in good fun people! Come out to a great event.

This is the 3rd largest convention in North America! #1 and 2 being SDCC and NYCC.

As you can see there will be plenty of opporunities to have any Signature Series authenticated.

Was there anouncement about a Todd McFarlane Stan Lee signing?

I dont pop in as much as I used to

Todd isn't doing cgc for any of his signings.

Also Stan's prices went up 5 bucks its $55 now. The VIP package is for a meet and greet and includes pictures and some kind of lounge area.

Was there anouncement about a Todd McFarlane Stan Lee signing?

I dont pop in as much as I used to

Todd isn't doing cgc for any of his signings.

Also Stan's prices went up 5 bucks its $55 now. The VIP package is for a meet and greet and includes pictures and some kind of lounge area.

Well that saves me some money then... Bummer