• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miscut/Double Cover Comics???

9 posts in this topic

I am really new to this so...

OK. I am curious about some "rarer" comics. I understand the whole 30/35 cent price variant thing, but I still don't understand how a "Double Cover" effects the value of a comic. I know they are pretty rare, but I've never really heard a general rule of thumb for how one of those covers change the value... Is it one of those thingswhere, "it's whatever someone will pay?" What about miscuts? I have a miscut for SECRET INVASION COMICS issue 1, or, at least I think it's a miscut. I have attatched pictures and was hoping one of you knowledgeable comic experts out there will be able confirm its collectibility and give me a value?????????????? If this comic turns out to be worthless, like I said, I am new to this. And yes, I know these pictures are very poor quality. THANKS

13828.JPG

See more journals by Bryan Webb

Miscuts almost never increase the value, and often decrease it. Especially with modern comics.

Maybe if its something truey odd (like the comic was accidentally printed horizontally on the page instead of vertially) there might be some kitch value, but some extra non-trimmed paper? Not going to be any interest sorry.

Double covers are an accepted oddity and can increase the value if you can find that small subset of multi-cover collectors. Also its far more valuable on a key comics than on common ones. Most times its just an oddity.

There is a general fascination with double covers that make them much more collectible than other misprints. Personally I think it's kind of cool that CGC denotes two grades to the same book...one for the outer cover and one for the inner cover. I had a copy of Amazing Spider-man #312 (McFarlane art with Green Goblin vs. Hobgoblin) several years ago, before I started collecting CGC books, that was a double cover. It was in NM+ condition and had a double cover...I sold it on eBay for over $100 ungraded. The money was nice, but now I wish I would have had it graded myself and held onto it.

sig.jpg

So i know this is an old post but thought I'd ask here. I've got the opportunity to pick up a copy of ASM 121 with a double cover. Is this extremely rare for this particular book and how much is fair asking price on a VF copy with double cover?

:cool: I collect Amazing Spider-Man comics with Double Covers and I have never found a #121 with a Double Cover yet so it has got to be pretty rare. Not sure what value to place on it but if you do get it I would be interested in trying to work something out with you for it. :wishluck:

Will definitely keep ya posted.