• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niagara Falls Comic Con Report - 2013

107 posts in this topic

On my way driving from NY to Toronto to see a NY Rangers hockey game and visit the Hockey Hall of Fame we stopped at the falls. It is something you need to see in person. pictures don't do it justice. just awesome.

its funny, I live literally a 2 minute drive from the falls but see them possibly once a year if that

First time ever attending this show, and I would go back again in a heartbeat. An incredible buying show to say the least. There were three local guys, that it's the only show they'll set up at all year, that had really special inventories and were very willing to discount large purchases. My favourite show of the year so far. :cloud9:

Jim

"oh Jimmy whats first rocket raccon again?"

Did you find it?

I did...slam dunk 9.8's :acclaim:

Jim

First time ever attending this show, and I would go back again in a heartbeat. An incredible buying show to say the least. There were three local guys, that it's the only show they'll set up at all year, that had really special inventories and were very willing to discount large purchases. My favourite show of the year so far. :cloud9:

Jim

"oh Jimmy whats first rocket raccon again?"

Did you find it?

I did...slam dunk 9.8's :acclaim:

Jim

Yeah, this was a great show for buying some nice Bronze and Silver books from some folks selling thier personal collections and from others you just don't see in Toronto or other major shows.

Saw lots of nice Hulk 181's, ASM 129's, esoteric stuff and nice Silver Age. I don't collect comics anymore, but this show had some major purchasing opportunities.

it was a great time.. first time going.. the celebs were cool, all except adam west, who seemed really dickish, and his bodyguard was a total tool.. i tried taking a pic from like 100 feet away and he actually stepped in front of him and said no.. the dealers were pretty cool, got some cool stuff, in my opinion logistically wasnt very organized though.. gonna go back next year see what they got going on again..

Niagara Falls Comic Con micro-report:

I went yesterday but only for about half a day. I went without any preparation or expectation, no prior arrangements, no stuff to get autographed, no hidden agendas; just dropped by to poke around. It was much better than I anticipated and wished I'd allotted more time to the con. It was a good size, plenty of vendors with plenty of books, people playing dress-up, Doctor Who robots, wrestlers with long line-ups, Adam West in shades, Corey Feldman looking eerily like Michael Jackson, and a few good guest artists who were easily accessible.

I browsed around tons but hardly bought anything! It was more time management than anything else. On a whim I picked up the recent IDW publication, The Art of George Perez, from Kevin Boyd's Comic Book Lounge booth and made my way up to Perez's table for a sketch. Twenty minutes later, it was done.

This is one beautiful book for anyone who likes Perez's work:

27907b54-2e1e-4175-89b0-9034f1f83ccf_zps6aa07b35.jpg

I requested an Ant-Man sketch that evoked the cover on Avengers 161. He said he could do it in his sleep:

cc9f6aff-aba7-49ce-8b23-54bbe76fa7e7_zps10b2e11c.jpg

Got to hang out a bit with Carlos @ Gotham Central, Wes Hagan and co. @ Haganland, Mr. Boyd, and others.

This is only one of three comics purchased the whole day. A nice, clean copy of WW 175 that will go into the bottomless pit that is my collection (I have to admit, it was kind of liberating to leave the con without buying much):

78cd8c74-263a-469f-a21d-5a6a2edaec6e_zps779f1ca5.jpg

Also bought the new Michelinie/Layton Iron Man Omni from Keith @ Heavy Mental. Good reading at bedtime. Poor guy said some kid dumped his table full of books at set-up and he wanted to punch him out. lol

I was freaking out until I realized who wrote this. Paul you are rude. RUDE.