• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2014!!! JUNE 20-22

731 posts in this topic

Crowds were manageable all 3 days as Sheldon really provides wide isles for the traffic to move through. Lots of good books. Was late to a few of the parties but picked up enough nice books to make the trip very successful.

One of the best shows of the year. Next year I will be here early.

+1

Lots of fun, books, creators, good stuff.

Got to meet a lot of Boardies ( except Branget hid from me all day :/ )

Thanks again to Wally for organizing the Boardie dinner; to Brock for hooking me up; to Nik for being cool and holding some merch while I walked around; to Green for dropping some merch off for me; and to all the other Boardies for being cool. Good to meet you all.

Most all the book sellers were easy to work with and priced books fairly. Some were a "tad" high, but that's now it goes. Still, lots of great books to go around.

Well, HeroesCon has come and gone. The crowds weren't horrible, but the line for Kevin Eastman was INSANE both days he was in attendance. It was so bad that everyone was limited to only two items to be signed per person, though you could go to the back of the line if you wanted more items signed.

The biggest issue that I saw the entire time was from a familiar face: Comicmonster. He did his best to pad the line for Arthur Adams by having about 20 cronies standing at Adams' table with sketch books at about 9:30 (the doors wouldn't open for early entrance until 10:30) and nearly cut out every fan from getting a sketch. I know several fans who were first in line on Friday that stood their ground and refused to give up their place once the doors were opened and risked ejection to stand up against the complete unfairness of a dealer/flipper using their buddies to fill artists' lists and thus cutting out the real fans from getting sketches. Did they stop it completely, of course not, but they were able to secure their place on Arthur Adams' list.

Here's to hoping the flippers continue to get cut out of screwing the fans.

Well, HeroesCon has come and gone. The crowds weren't horrible, but the line for Kevin Eastman was INSANE both days he was in attendance. It was so bad that everyone was limited to only two items to be signed per person, though you could go to the back of the line if you wanted more items signed.

The biggest issue that I saw the entire time was from a familiar face: Comicmonster. He did his best to pad the line for Arthur Adams by having about 20 cronies standing at Adams' table with sketch books at about 9:30 (the doors wouldn't open for early entrance until 10:30) and nearly cut out every fan from getting a sketch. I know several fans who were first in line on Friday that stood their ground and refused to give up their place once the doors were opened and risked ejection to stand up against the complete unfairness of a dealer/flipper using their buddies to fill artists' lists and thus cutting out the real fans from getting sketches. Did they stop it completely, of course not, but they were able to secure their place on Arthur Adams' list.

I can not speak for everyone on the list but I was 11th on the list and I know 4 of the others around me and they were not anything to do with Comicmonster. GodofThunder was #9 on the list and Codemaster was #11 on the list. These were the last two books done at the show and I am assure you that they are in no way for Comicmonster or any other dealer. Hell, Cody would not have gone with Mystique if he wanted to flip it.

Wow.. This is by far the furthest from the truth.

Myself, number 9. Got mine. Yes, I got mine, for collection! I don't associate with comic monster, nor was I or will I ever be a cronie for any board member.

So if you up be an issue and want to discuss further, pm me. Otherwise don't type things of which you know nothing of.