• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2014!!! JUNE 20-22

731 posts in this topic

Ok know this isnt in regards to 2013 show, but have a question for anyone else who attended the show about CGC handling of issues. I received the lot I submitted to CGG at the show back around 2 weeks ago and something had been kind of bugging me, because it was not noted on my invoice by the agent who witnessed the signature, etc. I had Matt Kindt sign the Mind Mgmt #1 variant cover for me and paid like I want to say $3 or $5 for the signature to Matt with the CGC verifier present and remember the verifier mentioning I was getting something extra besides the signature because Matt was placing a doodle of sorts on the cover, which I did not think anything about, which I did see as we (the verifier and I) were walking back to the CGC booth. Now when I got the book the grade was a 9.0 which I knew would probably not come back too high anyway, and it was signature series but conveniently missing from the cover is the doodle. Which like i stated I did know was on the cover, but did not take any pics before submitting it because the verifier for CGC had it in his hands until we got back to the CGC booth. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this with CGC? I am wandering because since it was not written on the copy of the invoice I had or what was sent back with the books I feel that CGC would try and dismiss the issue.

Thanks for the feedback

Looks like I'll be picking up a 3 day pass this year and I'll use Friday to do most of my shopping and then bring the wife and grandson on Saturday so we can get pictures taken of our grandson taken with the cosplayers. We did that last year and he had a blast (he was almost 5 at the time).

Psy

On the fence about this one....even though I'm only an hr away

As a dealer or as a fan?

Dealer...split a booth last year and that worked out well

Wouldn't mind something like that again

How much is a booth?

Ok know this isnt in regards to 2013 show, but have a question for anyone else who attended the show about CGC handling of issues. I received the lot I submitted to CGG at the show back around 2 weeks ago and something had been kind of bugging me, because it was not noted on my invoice by the agent who witnessed the signature, etc. I had Matt Kindt sign the Mind Mgmt #1 variant cover for me and paid like I want to say $3 or $5 for the signature to Matt with the CGC verifier present and remember the verifier mentioning I was getting something extra besides the signature because Matt was placing a doodle of sorts on the cover, which I did not think anything about, which I did see as we (the verifier and I) were walking back to the CGC booth. Now when I got the book the grade was a 9.0 which I knew would probably not come back too high anyway, and it was signature series but conveniently missing from the cover is the doodle. Which like i stated I did know was on the cover, but did not take any pics before submitting it because the verifier for CGC had it in his hands until we got back to the CGC booth. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this with CGC? I am wandering because since it was not written on the copy of the invoice I had or what was sent back with the books I feel that CGC would try and dismiss the issue.

Thanks for the feedback

Are you saying you think your copy was switched with another copy?